Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: I can't find the cities...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After I downloaded the new version and made it to Silgrad Tower I saw the two sign posts that said what direction to go and followed them. I searched for about an hour and gave up because I couldn't find a city. Before that I talked to the guy you first meet when you go through the tunnel and paid him all of my money for directions and when he said he would mark it on my map I didn't see it. I am still using the dang Cyrodiil map for the original game. Which means map markers are useless in this version right? Anyways is there some better directions I can get to find the cities please? Thanks.
Quote:Originally posted by Wolvman
After I downloaded the new version and made it to Silgrad Tower I saw the two sign posts that said what direction to go and followed them. I searched for about an hour and gave up because I couldn't find a city. Before that I talked to the guy you first meet when you go through the tunnel and paid him all of my money for directions and when he said he would mark it on my map I didn't see it. I am still using the dang Cyrodiil map for the original game. Which means map markers are useless in this version right? Anyways is there some better directions I can get to find the cities please? Thanks.

You should have received a quest "Finding your way Around Morrowind". Use the compass marker. Smile
I'm fairly sure you recive a quest....

Edit- Beat me to it Imperial Dragon.
Hard part is if you walk, it takes about 6 minutes of straight running through terrain that is pretty featureless, before you finally get to Soluthis. Hopefully that giant area will be filled with stuff next release.
Thats what Razorwing said.
Six minutes of running through rough terrain?

I've been flying with a speed of 255 (Yes, I cheated) for a good 15 minutes and barely see the LOD.

And I went through a lot of really smooth, featureless terrain. Big Grin
Well 6 minutes from when i started counting... before then i might have dozed off, thanking the automove feature. And my speed is only 40... Needless to say, there should be much more to do next release. Maybe a couple of small villages along the way, some caves, mines, animal dens, ect.
Ah, I never checked my quests. I'll see if I have it. Can't wait to see the new updates on the cities.
I was a bit worried when you said six minutes Seniosh! Seeing as it takes 2? minutes just to get from Cheydinhal to the cave something would have been seriously out of whack if you could get there in six minutes. The landmass is nine times larger than Cyrodiil and Soluthis is almost at the opposite end of where you enter from the cave, so it should take a long time to get there. For players that don't want to check out the landmass there's always the portals.

The thing is that the detailing of the landmass really has to start from the top-down, starting with the regions. This is because in order to detail our whole landmass we need to use esp files, one for each quad or thereabouts, since it's simply not possible to merge everything to the main esm. It may be possible in the future but right now it's not, at least not for us. So with twenty-something esp files to keep track of, it's a delicate process that can easily be screwed up, but hopefully not by the core team making rash decisions regarding it.

Since it has to start from the region level, we need a) the models that will be used in those regions, and b) someone competent and reliable to mod that region. The a part is something I myself have spent a lot of work on between the last release and this one, but you don't see much of it in-game right now because we haven't quite got the b part sorted out.

Two regions were offered for claiming, where Ashunor Valley was claimed but no progress made so far and the Forgotten Forest still open (after IATE withdrew his claim). The third region would have been Deepen Moor, and I got as far as compiling all the necessary models until crunchtime for ST v2 started and I was gently steered toward doing the things in Soluthis I should have been doing, hehe Big Grin

Now the field lies wide open for me to compile the remaining regions and their claim drafts, since basically all the assets are in place. I'll try to do that in a speedily fasion, albeit the disappointing turnout of Ashunor Valley/Forgotten Forest leaves me without a sense of urgency in that matter.
I still have not received a quest for silgrad tower. I even unchecked it and saved and then rechecked it in the OBMM. I don't see any new quest being added.
Pages: 1 2