Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Hlaaleluja!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
...or in other words, I've started working on the Hlaalu interior tileset Smile

The first piece of the tileset is the 'central room' type. I chose to start with it because they're great templates for creating other room pieces, so the rest of the room pieces will be a breeze to create. Entrance pieces are usually the hardest to do since they have to fit with both other room pieces as well as 2way, 3way and 4way corridor pieces, but if the rest goes as smoothly as this one did I should have the whole set ready within a week.

[Image: th_HlaaluInteriorTileset_wip_scr01.jpg] [Image: th_HlaaluInteriorTileset_wip_scr02.jpg]

[Image: th_HlaaluInteriorTileset_wip_scr03.jpg] [Image: th_HlaaluInteriorTileset_wip_scr04.jpg]

A couple new textures are added to the mod with the tileset as well, since we did not have any Hlaalu floor & ceiling textures previously. Undoubtedly more will be added to the mix as I begin work on the other pieces. Both the floor and ceiling textures are from Morrowind Visual Pack. I loved the ceiling texture, but I did not like the floor texture very much. I'm going to search for a replacement before the finished tileset is added to the mod.

If you study the screenshots closely you probably notice that I did not stop at recreating the original piece. There's two new wood details added, where the first one is 4 beams arranged like a square and the second 4 beams arranged like marked bookpages, both used to support the crisscross beams which I always thought looked a bit structurally weak. I also added a bunch of iron nails for effect. Despite being generous with the facecount on all the beams the piece still only tallies 2476 faces. Going by that number we should have little difficulties to create interiors larger than the ones in TES3 but still much higher technical quality. I've also set up the pieces so that I can make more optimized alternatives in those cases when the modder wants to have a larger interior without cell loads. (In other words the extra details I added can be removed without interfering with the way it tiles.)

I'll post more screenshots as development continues. Smile
I'm confused...I thought someone already made the interior set ?(
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

Nope, no one has. Oom made an exterior set back in 2005 though.
Great news. Smile
I like the new wood details.
Yup, ceiling details kick ass. =)
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

there was someone, but he quit.

Looks quite good, RW
Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
[quote]Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard

there was someone, but he quit.
[\quote]
a shame. It looked really good. See here. Did he at least finish the tower?

Quote:Looks quite good, RW
True.

Perhaps the wooden supporting strucktur could be less horizontally. A bit more like Stilgar's approach: http://mitglied.lycos.de/thorstenwillert...T_4way.jpg
Looks good! Smile
Unfortunately, both Stilgar and Entartet (tower guy) seem to be taking a break. Very much a shame; that tower was sweet! And Stilgar's textures were a big factor in making my shacks look bad as they were intended, as opposed to just plain bad. Big Grin

Later,
Steve
Excellent news Razorwing! :goodjob:

I hope everything goes smoothly. =)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7