Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Making new grass and trees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi do you know of any link or tutorial that could help me to make new grass and trees? I need mostly it for a desert landscape I am making ..... like palms , papires , desert small brush grass etc....
Please just forget that this post was ever here...
i dont think there are any tuts for grass, and i have yet to come upon a speed tree tut (though i know some exist).

would probably just be a retexture, though ive been told its realy hard to do a good grass retex (it took eyeball and morden quite a while to figure stuff out, and they are the only ones i know who did wholy new texes). im also not sure that palms would work with speedtree... but valenwood has some, ask them how it was done.
Ok Thanks I 'll make some experiments...
All grass is about 8 polys of alpha textures. All you need is to retexture one, save it, and then add it to the CS under the grass category. It can be randomly generated if you attatch it to a LandTexture under the misc category. That's miscellaneous objects, not the misc items. It's completely unrelated to SpeedTree.
the speed tree comment was to the tree question Tongue the hard part is maiking the grass texture look good.
Yeah, for some reason they always come out like crap.
If you want to make custom grass meshes the trick is to make sure vertex colors are enabled and know that the alpha value here controls the percentage of 'sway', so alpha of 0 is no sway (base) and alpha of 1 is 100% sway (outer tips).