Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Some general questions :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just stumbled on this mod on Moddb.com and I'm really glad someone decided to make a Morrowind mod for Oblivion.

But I have some general questions and suggestions for this mod so here goes:

* your models look really good and professionally made, however, I think that the textures need more work since they look kind of bland and lacking any detail. Otherwise they'll look out of place amongst the Oblivion models.

* can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Silgrad Tower mod and the Reich Park mod?

* I really hope that you'll be using the Shivering Isles models and textures for your mod whenever applicable. It would cut down some the work you'd need to do, and it will look more consistent.

* also, will any of the Shivering Isles creatures and NPCs that were in Morrowind be in your mod? Like the Hunger, Golden Saints and Dark Seducers for instance?

* I'm not sure if there are any soundtracks from Morrowind that weren't featured in Oblivion, but if there are, then maybe you could use them (or recreate them) for this mod?

* some of the screenshots I've seen display these rocky 'picket fences' on your maps (http://moddb.com/images/cache/mods/76/76..._52597.jpg), but they sort of make the map look like the street where Fred Flinstone lives :eek:. Maybe you could lessen their use on those maps Cool.

* will you include new armour and/or weapons (or even spells) from Morrowind in this mod?

* can I still use this mod with the latest v1.2 patch, KotN content and the Shivering Isles, and can I still use texture packs (like Quarl's texture pack) with your mod?

* are you going to include more Dwemer items?

* this is probably too much to ask, but if you can find it in your hearts (and spare time), could you maybe make weapon models based on Soul Calibur (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...alibur.jpg), and Soul Edge (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...282%29.jpg)? You'd make this Sould Calibur fan very happy :goodjob:

Anyway, thanks for making this great mod, hope you don't die on us like so many other mods Wink

PS (Thanks for including those delicious Belgian beers, maybe you can even include den Boerentoren as well Big Grin)

EDIT: http://gallery.silgrad.com/albums/userpi...-08-17.jpg
This model is looking mighty fine, but the torso and limbs may need use of smoothing groups. The face is really detailed and the whole models looks great, but the torso and limbs just look too blocky.
And what are those white rasters underneath the giant mushroom?
http://moddb.com/images/cache/mods/76/76..._52589.jpg, they look weird.
Hey and Welcome to Silgrad Tower, I am not head of this mod but here is what i know.

* your models look really good and professionally made, however, I think that the textures need more work since they look kind of bland and lacking any detail. Otherwise they'll look out of place amongst the Oblivion models.

Thats just in the public version.

* can anyone tell me what the difference is between the Silgrad Tower mod and the Reich Park mod?

Both in the same mod, someone else will give specific details on this.

* I really hope that you'll be using the Shivering Isles models and textures for your mod whenever applicable. It would cut down some the work you'd need to do, and it will look more consistent.

There has been some discussion on this and i'm not too sure if its happening.

* also, will any of the Shivering Isles creatures and NPCs that were in Morrowind be in your mod? Like the Hunger, Golden Saints and Dark Seducers for instance?

Not to sure, Razorwing will let you know

* I'm not sure if there are any soundtracks from Morrowind that weren't featured in Oblivion, but if there are, then maybe you could use them (or recreate them) for this mod?

Same again, the core will explain this if soundtracks are being used.

* will you include new armour and/or weapons (or even spells) from Morrowind in this mod?

Some Stuff yes, but there is a mod dedicated to this check the Vvardenfell thread, i am scripting the Morrowind Spells, check tessource for Sorrow's Spells.

* can I still use this mod with the latest v1.2 patch, KotN content and the Shivering Isles, and can I still use texture packs (like Quarl's texture pack) with your mod?

Yes you can, though quarls texture pack has been included i think.

* are you going to include more Dwemer items?

A Whole ew Ruin, Look at the Dumac City thread
Thanks for your quick reply Smile

This surely looks like the most promising Oblivion mod.
Hope you'll include the Shivering Isles content where possible, it would cut down on your workload, and it looks like a suitable graphic update of some of the iconic Morrowind objects.

Also, will you include Bonewalkers and/or Silt Striders?
No problem

Silt Striders/ Bonewalkers

Check the Vvardenfell thread for that, i don't think Silgrad will have them but i could be wrong.
Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow

Thats just in the public version.

So, you're saying you've already updated (or are in the process of updating) the textures?
He's saying we have better textures for those models, we're just keeping them for the "final" version.

We've got Golden Saints and Hungers.
Well I just downloaded the Silgrad Tower mod, apart from the fact that during the unzipping process I got the message that a few hundred files were corrupted, everything went perfect.

I can get to the cave which leads to Morrowind, and I can pass through it. But I just can't seem to find any towns or settlements. Only a vast grassland with some trees and a single Dunmer at the entrance of the cave. I see some Wild Guars, but I can't find any cities. I've been wondering this mod for 20min now and I still haven't found anything.
Same here to be honest Tongue

Just type
coc Soluthis0102
in your console and youll be in a city, from there its easy to find the rest Tongue
Remember our mod has a long way until its finished.
It worked!

But...lots and lots of problems Sad

Most textures are missing, and I can't open some doors.
Also, I fell through the ground in the Soluthis tavern, and other such collision problems.

I installed this mod on a clean install of Oblivion, and my computer could run Oblivion with terrain, LOD and weather mods installed at the highest graphical settings.

This mod needs A LOT of work indeed.
Also, why keep these upgraded textures for the final release, just include them with the next release and it will make the promo screens look a lot more appealing to newcommers.
Its a lot more complicated. But dont take what I say for granted I might be mistaken.

The problems you are stating arent normal. I dont have them for one. Not one texture missing in Soluthis steadhelm or reichparkeep.
Pages: 1 2