Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHC42 Mages Guild Quest House [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Originally written by bob196045

The basement should be hidden by either trap door or sliding hidden door leading down to it.

Items in the home should represent a Modest Bosmer Mage.

At some point I hope to have a banner made for the Order (like a crest) but it is not necessary.

The basement should be large enough to support a table and 6 chairs, a work station of scrolls and books, a book shelf, and of course books (mostly Magic Stuff).

enough room for 2 or 3 NPC's + plus the player.

The primary NPC (Quest Giver) should be Bosmer, (I don't know what bosmer body parts are availabe) So I leave it to the Claimer discretion, but he should be old. the other NPC's don't matter they are just expendable Big Grin.

Don't link the interior to the exterior (yet).

Interior model : ChorrolHouseMiddle07Interior.

More info.
Well, I have started to do some things on this, an here are 1 pic of the top floor, one of the bottom floor, and one from the cellar...

[Image: house1.jpg]

[Image: house3.jpg]

[Image: Cellar.jpg]

They were to big to attach, and I couldn't make them small enough to attach, tried everything. Could use some help on that, and some help where I could find carpets, couldn't find them...
And some open books, and some paper that could lie on his desk.
And some oppinion on what more clutter I should have, but I have just started.
It's looking good so far. :goodjob:

Feel free to upload the ESP file, that way, we can have a look at it without you having to go to the extra length to post screenshots, and we can advise more thoroughly and to make sure your file's good. Smile If you want of course, your choice.

For your interior:

- Scale objects (double-click then change the scale) and you can get a nice bit of variety between containers (if only size, but it makes a difference). This is what the CS wiki suggests, and it is right. Big Grin

- There are carpets under:

WORLD OBJECTS -> STATIC -> ST -> FURNITURE -> DUNMER -> RUG
or,
WORLD OBJECTS -> STATIC -> CLUTTER -> LOWER/MIDDLE/UPPER CLASS

- There's plenty to be used for clutter. Books galore, crystal balls, bookshelves, alchemical equipment/ingredients/products, instruments, tapestries, weapons, pots, kitchenware... What kind of person/people is/are the inhabitant(s) of this home?
Well, here is the begining, but as I have not linked it to any outside yet, I don't think that you can go into itTongue
And I haven't gotten the hang of the Dialogs and all that, I didn't know if I should delete all that were there, and make some new topics, and I desided not to.

And I still have the main NPC to do, but I will not make the quest, I don't know how to do, and yes I have tried. I did faile, I tried one where you should be given a key and a journal entry when you accepted a thing, but it didn't happen, but when you said no, you got the key and the entry. So I gave that up X(

But here it is :banana:
Thanks for the update. Smile
Don't link it to the exterior (I'll do that).
Well, now I have done everything that I can come up with, and as I said, someone else will have to improve the NPC's as they ain't to good, but I have given them some spells and such...and be my guest to change the names of the NPC's, I couldn't find any better names as I was trying to find any at allTongue
Thanks for posting your update. Smile

Don't continue with the interior because I'll link it to the exterior.
I'll reply later today or tomorrow and post an updated file.
I attached the updated esp and you can go to the exterior, if you like. Smile

I'll post my review tomorrow.
I looked to that update you did, and now most of the things are floating. they shouldn't do that, or it might have something to do with the gravity thing on them, I'm not sure. I do hope that it is that.
Quote:Originally posted by Trankintor
I looked to that update you did, and now most of the things are floating. they shouldn't do that, or it might have something to do with the gravity thing on them, I'm not sure. I do hope that it is that.
The floatings was already present in your v1.1. I only linked the house to the exterior and that has nothing to do with floating objects.

A few remarks.

Everything you create has to start with your modding ID. Check your NPC's.
This applies to new packages, objects, scripts, dialogue topics etc.

Don't change existing objects (these are contaminations) just create a new object. In this case a number of containers were changed. I removed these in my update.

Don't use doors with "arena" in their ID, these are special.

Check the door markers, I repositioned these.

Keep in mind that smaller objects near large objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

If you create a new interior try to position the first piece of the tileset at X,Y,Z = 0, 0, 0. Also for the house. Try to remember that for the next time.

Is there enough clutter?
In the lower right part of CS screen you'll see the faces (face count).
It should be around the 200k and max 300k for an interior of this size.
This is important to keep the fps acceptable.

Give the NPC's some basic AI.

- Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

- For the location: Don't use "in cell". It can produce unexpected behavior.

- Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

- Add a wander package type: Time and duration any. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

How do I keep my mod clean?
Avoiding contaminations.

Pathgrid.
If you add more furniture adjust the pathgrid (basement).

Add a Northmarker (static) to both the cells.

I think you made a nice interior. Smile

Please fix the floating (and post an update) before I start with the final review.
Pages: 1 2 3