Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: considering to start a new BC project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello there. I don't know if I can just say I'm going to start a project without notifying one of the head honchos beforehand, but I guess I'll type this anyhow.

about maybe two months ago I've moved on from the Elder Scroll universe and had my attention on other things, but after recently discovering that there was going to be an expansion pack called 'Shivering Isle', I got an idea; what better place to have a total conversion mod for ESIV: Oblivion than Oblivion itself! and what I mean by that is exploring ALL the Daedra realms instead of one.

the only problem I have fufilling this dream by myself is.....well, a lot of things, but mainly the fact I can't mod. Confusedigh:

so I decided to come back here for some help, since many of you are modders and all. I know most of you are already busy with the current projects and you need more modders yourselves, but if you have spare time I would be grateful for your abilities. if nobody decides to contribute, I guess I'll discontinue the project. I don't mind if nobody helps, I'm not completely great doing big things and I had my doubts in the first place.
Quote:Originally posted by somebody
hello there. I don't know if I can just say I'm going to start a project without notifying one of the head honchos beforehand, but I guess I'll type this anyhow.

about maybe two months ago I've moved on from the Elder Scroll universe and had my attention on other things, but after recently discovering that there was going to be an expansion pack called 'Shivering Isle', I got an idea; what better place to have a total conversion mod for ESIV: Oblivion than Oblivion itself! and what I mean by that is exploring ALL the Daedra realms instead of one.

the only problem I have fufilling this dream by myself is.....well, a lot of things, but mainly the fact I can't mod. Confusedigh:

so I decided to come back here for some help, since many of you are modders and all. I know most of you are already busy with the current projects and you need more modders yourselves, but if you have spare time I would be grateful for your abilities. if nobody decides to contribute, I guess I'll discontinue the project. I don't mind if nobody helps, I'm not completely great doing big things and I had my doubts in the first place.

Problems with your proposal:

1. You can't mod. While some of the current BC leaders can't mod, they understand about moding itself, if you don't know a thing about modding to begin with you project will most likely die within weeks.

2. You need to have something to show that you are capable to leading a mod group, which you haven't.

3. You need to have some foundation of work already done before joining the BC. For example, the Thras mod has been building up enough work to make a pitch to join the BC for close to three months, and we still haven't made our pitch because we don't think it is enough yet.

4. The BC isn't about TC's, it is about building out from Cyrodiil, so you would most likely get a know staight away for that reason alone.

5. It isn't good ES community manors to have nothing to show, but a very vague idea, and then to ask for people to come join your mod, which you have no idea how to lead, or mod yourself. It's just rude.

Now you may think I'm comming off a little nasty, but really if you do want to make this mod of yours, get some modding skills, and learn about the tools availible, get a better understanding of what is needed to make a mod, and get some hard proof that you can lead a mod, and make one.

TOYB
if nobody decides to contribute, I guess I'll discontinue the project.

Meh, this line just isn't right; you shouldn't rely on others to do your work.

Also, I suggest you to start with small things and eventually acquire the skills you'd need if you wanted to make your own mods. It may not net you a place here but it would be a good start of your personal modding career. :goodjob:

And yeah, what TOYB said.... I would've wrapped it in more nicely, though.
I agree with TOYB, and I wouldn't wrap it more nicely, it's th hard truth. Before SI, VW was planning to add a small part of the realm of Sheogorath, guess now we need to change that Tongue Anyway, get some skill and then find the right forum.

Mormacil
Another problem:

there are 12 Planes of Oblivion (check the UESP ) and they all have another appearance. How do you want to model those plants, rocks, buildings, etc ? How do you want to texture them? How do you want to make a place worthy of a Daedric Prince?
Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
Another problem:

there are 12 Planes of Oblivion (check the UESP ) and they all have another appearance. How do you want to model those plants, rocks, buildings, etc ? How do you want to texture them? How do you want to make a place worthy of a Daedric Prince?

*Cough* Sixteen *Cough*
I knew this wouldn't work out due to my lacking abilities, so if anyone would want to be the new leader of the project I'll gladly allow it. I've always been better suggesting ideas to others than creatings ideas myself.
I knew this wouldn't work out due to my lacking abilities, so if anyone would want to be the new leader of the project I'll gladly allow it. I've always been better suggesting ideas to others than creatings ideas myself.

You don't have a project, so how could someone take over? :lol:
....good point Sad

maybe I'll just go leave now...sorry to bother you all....
wow, just reading all of this made me feel very bad inside Sad
Pages: 1 2