Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Mudcave tileset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all, I would like to say I have almost no modeling experience, this is my way of learning.
Anyway, to start I am making a new cave tileset based off of the Morrowind mudcaves.
This one isn't from the tileset, it is more of a stalagmite in general.

[Image: th_stalatempt.jpg]
I'm glad to see it's underway!

A good rule of thumb in general is to spend 2000 faces per tile btw.
Good to see you start it! The stalagmites are important in mudcave, because they make each cave more individual, and visually impressive. It allows you to keep the walls fairly generic and add more of the details by hand, which was the beauty of morrowind caves - the details weren't repeated over and over again, because the details were hand-added.

Good luck with this! It'll be a tremendous asset to have.
Remember Oblivion and Blender have the same unit ratio. If you want something to be 128 units large in Oblivion, it has to be 128 units large in Blender.
Where can you see how many units it is?
WhiteWizard: I didn't think about it when I wrote the previous post but now I noticed you said mudcaves in the original post. In the other thread we agreed that I would do the mudcaves and you the moldcaves. Either way is fine by me, so I'll start working on the moldcaves after the Hlaalu set is finished. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
Where can you see how many units it is?

One square is 1 unit, you can move any vertex by exactly one unit at a time if you hold ctrl while moving it.
Alright, after doing some serious thinking, I decided that, well, I was being to ambitious when I decided to do this. I'm not going to do this until later, when I am a little better at modeling, I'm going to take something smaller and easier as my first project.
Ehh that's ok. best that you inform us, rather than have us wait a few months and then wonder what happened to it. So thanks for telling us.

There are some pretty easy dwemer models up for grabs!
Then I guess I will go take a look. :yes:
Pages: 1 2