Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Dunmer Potion Bottles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Here's my first try: a Cyrodiilic Brandy bottle. The mesh is mine; the tex (for now) is TES3. In the pix below, the white background is my Max render; the black is the TES3 original in NifSkope.

My impression on the texture is that unless there are OB technical limitations, the new texture could be a lot more detailed. I think the basic color scheme for each bottle should be maintained, but more labeling detail would be cool. If a texturist wants, he could create different ones, for the body, neck, cap, etc, as I'm getting better at UV mapping and can handle it. Even though BethSoft used only one texture, it became obvious quickly that they mapped different areas separately. A general request that I'd like to make is for each potion to make a simple planar tex of the "bottle color" that I can use on the bottom. The TES3 mapping of the bottom really bites and with Havok, bottles get knocked over a lot more. Smile

Later, Steve

EDIT: Face count is 736 according to the Edit Mesh modifier in Max.
I would think that since cyrodiilic brandy is imported from cyrodiil It would be more cyrodillic in nature.
however since oblivion just used a potion bottle for this (to this day I dont know why they made all other alchoholic beverages look diffrent but not the brandy) this is great.

I cant wait to see it textured. great :goodjob:

I think that somewhere around the forums there is a topic all bout bottles.... lemme find it...

tada!
A New Modeler on the Scene, and He Brings BEER!
looks great! :bananarock:
Since Cyrodiilic Brandy is present on OB (I think), I thought about not doing it. Here's my rationalization for having both: tariffs on alcoholic beverages tend to be high, so brandy made for export outside Cyrodiil is by law put into a different bottle to indicate that the tariff has already been paid. Smile

I think ev1 is interested in doing at least some of the textures, but he's on Easter break and I don't believe he'd be too offended if anyone else decided to do one or two bottles. Smile As for texture appearance, I believe each type of liquor has two or three characteristic colors that should be used to allow players to tell the type at a glance. Other than that, don't feel limited by the TES3 textures. If anyone does a texture that would map differently, don't worry about that; I can remap. All of that subject to Core approval, or more likely, lack of Core disapproval. Big Grin

Later,
Steve
Nice work SACarrow :goodjob:

Oh, I don't think making Cyrodiilic Brandy has to be rationalized. Half the attraction of our mod is Morrowind nostalgia and many players would want our brandy and skooma bottles to look like they did in TES3. Smile
Better than I did. Good luck :goodjob: Big Grin
Here's a really cool tex for the Cyrodiilic Brandy bottle from Stilgar mapped onto my mesh. The pix are renders from Max.

Enjoy,
Steve
Great! =) Where's the label? :tongue: Want to label vintage stuff after all. :]
Stilgar has provided a normal map for his tex. To get a quick look at this new info in Max, I simply stuck that normal map into the material as the bump, gloss and specular map. Smile If there is a correct way to do that, please let me know.

Here are the shots,
Steve
Have you looked at it in the CS yet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6