Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Distant LOD Building Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, I've followed everything the Wiki pages say about distant buildings, and have gotten them to work a few times now. This time though, it looks like there is something missing from the _far.nif's. I get a large pink square that seems to appear around the area of my distant buildings area. As the screenshots (below) show, the buildings are appearing, all of them are there from what I can tell, but this large square appears constantly. I've checked through my _far.nifs, and I cannot find anything that would be missing. I've updated the LOD from WorldTesting a few times too, but nothing seems to work. Sad

Screens:

It looks like something's missing, hence the pink square, but what's missing is the question... I'm confused. :confused: Any suggestions? Has anything like this happened to anyone before?

I'd appreciate any help. Big Grin

Note: Because of my crappy internet connection, it makes downloading the Silgrad Tower updates very difficult. Almost every time I try, my connection will disconnect about half way through and corrupt the zipped/rar folders. This meant, that I set up my own distant mesh buildings myself from an earlier version of ST. Maybe that could be the problem?
A pink surface means the texture is missing, whether the file isn't there or the file path in the nif is faulty.
I would think though that if a texture was missing on an object the object would be pink, but here is a large pink square. Where did the square come from and why is it pink? Is it a tree billboard?
I'm not sure, but it started to appear after I set up the _far versions of the Redoran buildings and checked the 'Visible When Distant' checkbox. I've went through all the textures in NifSkope, and they all seem to be there. It's weird... nothing else in the worldspace has visible when distant checked other than the Redoran buildings.
And there are no trees?
Just burnt Kvatch trees. In fact, that may be the problem... I don't think I checked all of the trees.
Yeah, the LOD might not be finding the billboards if they're still packed away in the BSA or something.
Yeah it's gone now, but I forgot to update the LOD, and I still have distant trees that aren't really there. However weird that sounds. Anyway, I'm glad it's fixed now (hopefully), I'm going to try it one last time to make sure. Wink