Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Candle Fix [old]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NOTE: THIS UPDATE DID NOT WORK FOR ALL USERS. IT SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED A FIX.

red[/hr]
[Image: tkuhfywrfw.jpg]
Filefront Download (Approx 10 MB)

Some of you were having problems bringing candles into the Render window of the CS; the candles apparently caused a CS crash. I looked at it, and I had the same problem. After a little bit of messing around, I decided to revert the meshes back to an older version, which seems to fix the problem.

This download will fix the candles for TES4: Silgrad Tower. The candles should no longer cause a CTD.

I have no idea why the meshes from the current release didn't work, as far as I know, the meshes weren't altered since I submitted them months ago. Confusedhrug: In any case, these are the meshes you want, let me know if this doesn't solve the problem.
Hmm... dunno if this is just me but, I'm still getting CS crashes even with the fix installed. ?(
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Hmm... dunno if this is just me but, I'm still getting CS crashes even with the fix installed. ?(

With the candles or other lights?
Hmm... I'm not too sure, it was one of the black candles, if I remember right... doesn't seem to be happening anymore though. Weird. If I come across it again, I'll let you know, and I'll try and be a little less vague.
Ah, the ST Black floor candle 256 crashed my CS... I'm not sure about the others. Whether or not this is helpful to post or not, I thought I'd let you know in case there are any more. Confusedhrug:
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Ah, the ST Black floor candle 256 crashed my CS... I'm not sure about the others. Whether or not this is helpful to post or not, I thought I'd let you know in case there are any more. Confusedhrug:

Thanks for the info, I'll check it ASAP.
I looked (a little late getting back, but nonetheless...), it works fine for me. Confusedhrug:
I've installed the light fix (again?) and every time I add a common dunmer light (liek a candle), the CS chrashes to desktop.
I've no problems with the lanterns.
If you are using the CS v 1.2, that could be causing it, that's the only thing I can think of. Candles aren't the only models it has problems with, a number of ST models don't agree with the new CS either apparently.

Are you talking about the static "Fake" candles, or the light "Real" ones? Or both?
I'm using the CS version 1.0 and i'm using the real candles. I haven't tried the fake one yet.
Pages: 1 2