Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Redware texture request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm modelling redware objects at the moment. Here is a max render of the first model, the vase:

[Image: th_RedwareVase.jpg]
(I used TES3 textures on it to set up the mapping).

We haven't had redware stuff in the mod yet because Treebiter had the claim to them but it didn't go all the way. I think he got stuck on the texture situation too, but I kinda liked the screenies he posted. Never did get a chance to see his models hands-on though, so I'm remaking them. No biggie.

But, much like I think Treebiter was, I'm stumped when it comes to their textures so I would like to ask if someone would be willing to create them. I'm using textures from a Morrowind retexture mod as placeholder in the meantime, from Elynda's "Clean Speckleware Merchant V1.0" mod. Her textures are on par with the sizes of Bethesda's redware textures unfortunately, and as you can see from the image below the redware textures in TES3 were, well, microscopic:

[Image: th_TexturesInJpg.jpg]

Naturally those kinds of sizes causes pixelations even from a moderate distance. And Elynda's textures are a retexture, so naturally they look unlike the redware textures, and I don't think we want to have blue redware permanently. But they do have the advantage of not looking totally wrong as well as being compatible with the mapping, both on the TES3 models and on the ones I created, so they work as a placeholder.

You can download the original Redware textures from TES3 -here- (40,6 Kb) for reference if you like.

While my mapping is set up to accomodate the scale of those texture files I would prefer a different scale since the originals have to be tiled so many times. Apart from the button texture they need to tile both left to right and up to down.

The sizes I would like (length x height):
Tx_redware_stripes: 1024x128
Tx_redware_strip_01: 512x128
Tx_redware_strip_02: 256x512
Tx_redware_button: 512x512

On the render image the stripes is the 'ridgety' texture near the bottom, the strip01 texture is the neck, and strip02 is used everywhere else.

The style should preferrably be something akin to baked, reddish clay. Here is a few images of real-life redware, in case they can inspire: [01] [02] [03]

Thanks in advance!