Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just to let you all know, bob won't be here for about 2 weeks, and i myself won't be here for 3 days, so incase you start wondering, we haven't died.

Anybody who wants to make a dwemer model, go right ahead by all means. Same goes for making concept art to give modelers. So much to do....
Have fun on your trip Seniosh Smile

I'll just go ahead and throw the question out there: What textures should modellers use when creating Dwemer objects? Would someone be in the mood for compiling a collection of them?
need any books written, i finnally have some free time so, just say the core of the book and I will write it!! :brew:
oh sure, i go to my grandparents and now everyone wants to do work Big Grin

Razorwing
I'm really not a texture person, so i don't know if the question was directed at me, but if someone wants to compile a collection of textures that would be nifty to have for dwemer objects, or even make new textures, that'd be great. I imagine it would be immensely useful for modellers. But someone who knows textures, and someone who knows how to put textures on models, should do the picking.

Shadowcore
Great that you want to get some literature work done! Bob was going to post a summary of the lore thread, but he'll be gone as i said, so if you want to write something lore correct, browse the thread or make up something reasonable that doesn't lock us in too much. As for what to write about, it would be nice to have some documents for the council chambers - stuff like correspondance between dumac and morrowind in the months and even weeks leading up to the war. It's a very sketchy period, so use both common diplomatic sense (neither of them really wanted the war that badly) and existing lore.

Another idea would just be to lay out the life of someone living in Dumac. If you like writing about someone's life, make up a soldier character, or a merchant, or something else, and have him write a journal. Something to make it feel as though you are standing in the house of someone who was alive. Maybe correspondence between friends? We could hide a whole series of letters in drawers and such, to paint a vivid picture of life as it was in the dwemer times.

The possibilities are literally endless.

I may not be on much (i'm visiting with grandparents, and what's the point if you're just going to be on the computer) so feel free to run with ideas. Good to see that people are interested, have fun!
Quote:Originally posted by Shadowcore
need any books written, I finnally have some free time so, just say the core of the book and I will write it!! :brew:

Yes ..... The Doron Searor Diary can be put into a book form

I would recommend writing it with the flair of a Snobbish Altmer Archeologist Big Grin

The diary of Searor. please look!!!!!

Enjoy
Bob
I'm Back, hey guys.

Yes the diary can be put into a book
I thought that you would have also less time , now that you are a reviewer.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Razorwing
I'm really not a texture person, so I don't know if the question was directed at me, but if someone wants to compile a collection of textures that would be nifty to have for dwemer objects, or even make new textures, that'd be great. I imagine it would be immensely useful for modellers. But someone who knows textures, and someone who knows how to put textures on models, should do the picking.

I intended to direct the question both to you and to everyone else in general. If I were to model something Dwemer in the near future then right now I don't know what textures I should use, and I don't want to search/pick/decide either, so. I threw the question out there to see what you guys thought.
It really is unfortunate that neither Insanity nor i is a modeller or texturer. I may put on the modelling hat once in a while, but texturing is something i've never attempted, let alone succeeded at. Prehaps that'll be the next thing i learn... But until then, i'm completely reliant on other people's knowledge.

I completely understand that you are too busy (or just don't want to) to search through hundreds of ST textures, and things in texture packs, but unfortunately, i just don't know what you (or any modeller) would need.

So anyone who wants to compile a list of textures usable by dumac is welcome to do so.
Aah, kk I thought you were familiar with textures. I mean I didn't assume you knew how to model or how to create a texture, but that you were familiar with how they were used in Morrowind/Oblivion and so would be able to compile a package of the ones you felt looked best.

No problem, one can just advice modellers to use TES3 textures as templates for setting up the mapping, and then once a texture selection is compiled they'll fit perfectly with the mapping that's been set up. Smile
Pages: 1 2