Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Havic Physics and it's Effect on Flora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if things like the Trama Roots could be rendered with Havoc Physics? Really whaat I'm asking is what would the FPS impact be if some flora was rendered in this manner? I reallize that the odd thing was in OB (The Harrada Root for example), but they were few and far between.

Just came to mind and wondered what the impact would be. Thanks Wink
Pity no-one answered you. I think I'll move your thread to Vvardenfell's & Silgrad Tower's Visual Development board instead.

The Harrada root moved because it was animated, which isn't the same thing as havok physics. For instance The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind had animation, and plenty of it, but no havok engine. Havok physics tells an object how it should behave according to gravity and force, while animation controls movement.

I'm not going to say it's impossible that the Trama root would have some form of animation eventually. It shouldn't lash out at the player, because it's not alive, but it would be cool to see it wiggle if the player bumps into it or that a vine gets moved if the player hits it. I think animation will become a bit easier once the official max exporter is released.