Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: ships?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wouldn't advise armored ships, Tsaesci aren't very fond of armour on themselves, forget a boat.
Quote:Originally posted by Brian S
I wouldn't advise armored ships, Tsaesci aren't very fond of armour on themselves, forget a boat.

They can't possibly be that suicidal, they get to live for a very long time, they need some armor to survive battles and become ancient.

As it's obvious they don't like armor very much as it restricts their movement, and armoring their tail would make it impossible to move, we will give them partial armor that covers the vital places (head, chest and maybe some armor on the arms, the tail is completely naked).
So Tsaesci warriors wear light, partial armor.
Their ships are gonna be the Japanese ships as shown in the pictures, i would not call them armored (iron clads are armored) Big Grin

NOTE: The older pictures on this thread of the Korean turtle ships, are not for the Tsaesci (if we will have these ships at all).

Tlo1048, the picture you showed is of a Chinese Junk, we already got that.
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
We could give the ships a sail, no problem with that.
But what made you say things like: "I dont think samurai, and ronin needed that big of ships because they didn't have cannons" :confused:
Can't you see the samurai on the pictures? Or the Japanese names for the ships?I can assure you, the samurai did have those ships with cannons (and rockets too), I have studied Japanese military warfare and history for 15 years =)
The pictures show Japanese navy warfare as it was done in about 1580AD - 1615AD Wink
EDIT: You can click on the pictures to see a bigger and clearer version, and then you can enlarge it so you can even read the small text.

Of course, the problem is that the common misconception of the Japanese are suicidal samurais wielding razor sharp katanas and charging into battle...even though the gun and cannon had been used for centuries as the primary means of warfare in East Asia...

btw that river barge looks very unstable...lol
Yeah...the ships not having armor is dumb. The tsaesci dont wear much armor, because they slither.

What I meant Kodama, was that I didn't think Akavir would be that far into history. I thought it was before gun powder was established. But, It could work, as some sort of magical deivce. Actually, It'd be kinda cool to see random cannons blasting their way through ships.
I dunno, I just think it'll change the whole aspect of OB, and make people not want to play it, because of the 'guns'.

Oh, and I'm currently organizing the Void assets, and after I figure it all out, I'll post my ideas in my thread.
^ Well, if they have full plate armor on Tamriel (which is late 14th cent-early 15th cent Europe) you might as well give the Tascei a gunpowder hand cannon and a piston flamethrower. XD
Don't worry about gunpowder weapons, cannons can't be carried, but you might find them on a ship.
Guns might be included in the game if they are not to difficult to make them work properly, but you won't find them everywhere, and they won't be uber weapons either.

I believe that adding gunpowder weapons fits the Asian setting of Akavir, and it brings something unique to the game.
Besides... just look at some of that rediculous Dwemer stuff, high tech robots and weapons, our gunpowder weapons will fit in a lot better Big Grin

As for Akavir not being far in history, all of those gunpowder weapons existed long before full-plate armor, and we know that a lot of things in Cyrodiil are Akaviri inventions, we know the Akaviri are far in history, so no problems there Wink
Pages: 1 2