Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Guessing Game (Ed. Razorwing's Agora)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Picture yourself playing Silgrad Tower: Oblivion and running into this thing... what would be circumstances be? What's in it, around it, what's it used for and where is it?

Best guess wins :elk:
Now that's easy: it's a merry-go-round for young Wood Elves. What your picture doesn't show is the axis (1) around which it rotates and the two handles (2), used by two strong Nord warriors to give it the right spin.

So ... what have I won? :banana: ... :lmao:

Greetings

Quentin
That's a great guess, I never would have thought of that Big Grin

Hmm, with the sylvan houses in mind maybe we could have a Bosmertown district in Silgrad with just a few houses - and a playground? That'd be pretty funny I think. Or I could just try and reskin it to look more dunmer-like. Smile

Hmm... maybe I could add the wooden guars from Silgrad Tower: Morrowind, degrade the meshes a bit so they both look more natural and less Bethesda-like, run a stake through them and try to animate them to go up and down? Then the player could just give the handles of the go-around a twirl and *wheee* :lmao:
My player couldn't give them handles a spin, he's a born wimp.

I also have in idea for this contraption (Other than a merry-go-round...)

A balcony that could be stuck up in some trees? That's what I thought when I saw that.
That's a great guess too! Though the ceiling is more shaped like a mushroom than a canopy I think.
Just to get this straight: there actually is a solution to it?

Greetings

Quentin
Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Just to get this straight: there actually is a solution to it?

Greetings

Quentin

No. I needed tips on what it could be used for, as I didn't know what direction to go with it. It started out in my mind as a sortof mini-plaza where people could pass through, maybe with a merchant stand, but by the time I got as far as the screen shows it didn't look like a plaza at all.
:lmao: ... oh boy, you really got me with the title of this thread then.

Alright, what I could imagine is a crossing point for a treetop village where the ropebridges are attached to the openings, that kind of stuff.

Then you could have a merchant's stall there as well. When the size of it allows that. (How big is it anyway?

One would need one with three entrances for that, of course ... or four. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
The title was a play on words.

There seems to be a consensus in the team that we should use stock trees from Oblivion, so perhaps we should see if those work with treehouses before committing to make that kind of addition. I figured the thing would be on the scale where you could sit on the raised bars around the edges and dangle your feet. The round roots would be as high as an average player's knees.
Is that all one mesh...or does the roof come off?

people walk into the center
+ roof slides down the pole
= instant slave cage or murder weapon
Pages: 1 2