Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Adding New Continents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was looking around, and I saw TES4: Senaria, I read it and I think its really awesome, very interesting. So I was wondering, since I am currently working on a landmass (about the size of Cyrodiil, Valenwood, and Elsweyr together= very big mod) could I post it on this website and get people to help me, but if I can't then I totally understand. :banana: :bananarock: :banana:
its imposible to make something as big as a continent, the engine only takes a sertain (6x6 i think) amount of quads untill it starts getting messed up. not to mention the fact that it would take a gargaduan amount of people and time to compleat a continent.
I know it might take a lot of people, so how about the size of ex. Black Marsh. I haven't officially started the mod, I have only concept art and faction names and the main quest. But can I post it on this website?
You can if it is in the General ES Modding section.
It's most likely going to be a no, 1) because ST has limited space, and 2) because if you want to join the BC you have to go through a process, have alot to show for your work, and 3) be a Lore based project.
Quote:Originally posted by Lord Skorm
So I was wondering, since I am currently working on a landmass (about the size of Cyrodiil, Valenwood, and Elsweyr together= very big mod) could I post it on this website and get people to help me, but if I can't then I totally understand. :banana: :bananarock: :banana:

Before someone else says it in a harsher way, Silgrad Tower simply isn't the place to ask for help with a mod. Sorry.

However, if you are indeed very dedicated to your project, and feel that it could be considered a Beyond Cyrodiil project, then it could work. BUT! to be a beyond cyrodiil project you have to be

1) lore correct. you will never see an LOTR conversion in here, or a sci-fi mod, or anything else like that. only continents that exist in tamriel lore (such as thras and akavir) along with provinces which obviously exist

2) we can't just let anyone join here. Look at the thras project, because they are a good example. see how much work they have done? quite a lot right? and they still aren't a BC project. They're still being considered, even with all the work they have done. so you have to have a chance, basically.

so if you are that dedicated to your project (and i'm not saying it's impossible, just look at all the projects here), and it IS lore correct (if not, then sorry your just out of luck in silgrad) then go get a team, and start making your mod. Then you'll have to talk to razorwing once you have done enough that we can be sure you have a decent chance of completing what you want to do, and if the core approves it, you're in.

A good place to start would probably be the official elder scrolls forums, if you can't create your own website. Lots of people there with a decent amount of talent. Lady Nerevar may have been too pessimistic, after all, the Vvardenfell project is 2x the size of cyrodiil, which is only a bit smaller than what you're doing.

Good luck with your project, just wanted to give you all the info. (plus, we're sometimes harsh to people who come looking for help. i tried to be nice, and i hope i didn't offend you. sad as it is, the last guy who asked for help got shut down completely and was never seen/heard from again)
No you weren't harsh. I like people who are upfront and have good reasons for it, but I promise I won't dissapear. I'm just 17 and I previously started it on Morrowind, I was able to create a decent size, about from Gniss to Vivec in length, and from Hla Oad to Ghosgate in width, but the project was terminated once I got my hands on Oblivion, and it had to be deleted to make room for Oblivion, and I couldn't save it anywhere cause it was about 800 MB and composed of a series of armor and weapon mods. So I am restarting it on Oblivion, along with the old storyine composed with fresh ideas.
By lore, do you mean it needs to be mentioned somewhere in Tamriel, or some association with Tamriel, or the lore of the continent itself. Just trying to clear some things up.
No you weren't harsh. I like people who are upfront and have good reasons for it, but I promise I won't dissapear. I'm just 17 and I previously started it on Morrowind, I was able to create a decent size, about from Gniss to Vivec in length, and from Hla Oad to Ghosgate in width, but the project was terminated once I got my hands on Oblivion, and it had to be deleted to make room for Oblivion, and I couldn't save it anywhere cause it was about 800 MB and composed of a series of armor and weapon mods. So I am restarting it on Oblivion, along with the old storyine composed with fresh ideas.
By lore, do you mean it needs to be mentioned somewhere in Tamriel, or some association with Tamriel, or the lore of the continent itself. Just trying to clear some things up.

ES Lore. And the only continents left are Yokuda and Atmora, so the pickings are limited Confusedhrug:
So ES lore, hmmm...... I guess I could do Yokuda, but there is not much known about Yokuda, but I like a challenge. Though, I wouldn't like to work on it by myself. I'm going to have to look into it as much as possible. Thanks for your help.

P.S: How would I get started?
So ES lore, hmmm...... I guess I could do Yokuda, but there is not much known about Yokuda, but I like a challenge. Though, I wouldn't like to work on it by myself. I'm going to have to look into it as much as possible. Thanks for your help.

P.S: How would I get started?

Actaully lots is know of Yokuda, more than say Thras. To get started, I'd get in touch with some other people from the ES community (not from the BC) and get some work put in, research Yokuda (I suggest looking at TIL, or PMing someone like prowler on BSF for some info). Do some concept art, etc. When you have as much assets as the Thras mod does now (Which is to say 3 months of devoted work), then come back here with a pitch to the BC leaders (This means all round work, not just concepts, ideas and quests, you need models, textures, CS work, the whole lot Wink ).

Cheers,
TOYB
Pages: 1 2