Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: cleaning the forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have seen many non active members that have never posted or almost never posted on the forums. this is a bit of a mess, so maybe we could clean the forums. If that happens i also volunteer to do some of it.
Quote:Originally posted by Shadowcore
I have seen many non active members that have never posted or almost never posted on the forums. this is a bit of a mess, so maybe we could clean the forums. If that happens I also volunteer to do some of it.

Clean the memberlist you mean? I dunno, I've never seen it as a problem. Do you experience it to be a problem?
well yes, if you look for someone's name in the list you can't find it due to all the other names. By some people wo post a lot (like you) you won't have a problem. but with new members it isn't easy. I've seen some large sites that had become more ordered sine they cleaned the members list
Just delete the members that havn't made any posts, and the memberlist will be almost cut in half, if not more.
simply deleting members with no posts gets rid of lurkers, who yall might not want to get rid of. the way i would do it is get rid of members with no posts AND who havent loged in in the last month (or other suiteble stretch of time)
well that isn't entirely true there are also members who have made some posts but haven't been active for some months. ofcourse core members or members who have a good reason for their absence.
Yeah, filter it out more. I see how that would be a bit better. Then we can still boast about our superior member count to the other mods.
Quote:Then we can still boast about our superior member count to the other mods.

lolz

@shadowcore: thats why i filter it with both activity and post #. core members and other important peeps have posts, while no longer active lurkers dont.
true, well who is for it???? And a reminder I want to do most of the work. just give me the tools to do it. (you know the rights)
There are some things lesser members are not meant to posess.....:eek:
Pages: 1 2 3 4