Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Synth Machine Test Script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have posted the first draft of the synthesis machine script, i would like someone to test it for me, i am testing it but a fresh set of eyes and a fresh brain might help find any problems. The script can be added to an esp very easily just make sure you have the below ID's.

Quest

zzSynthMachine ; This is just used as a place holder for a real quest which will have updates and so forth

Items

DwemerCog ; Simple Cog
DwemerBar ; Simple Bar
ScrapMetal ; Scrap Metal who would not want this Smile

As i have said this is the first version just to see if it works, more options can be added and more of a set up can be added, like the need for the player to have a certain amount of resources on them, GetItemCount can be added in easily.
Has anyine tested this script yet?
I don't think anyone understood how they would carry out the test, including me. Perhaps you could post an esp and tell people what they need to do to get to the location of the test (probably which cell they need to coc to).
All you have to do is put this script in the CS and attach to an itme, one that can be activated, then place it ingame and see if you get the messages and options.

Maybe i should have stated it clearly, sorry guys :yes:
With a normal oblivion installation the script didn't work, but maybe is it dependent on the latest release of ST. 2 problems:
-GetStage zzSynthMachine=100: since the quest don't exist I had to create it.
-player.additem DwemerCog... : I had to create the objects as well.

After I did this, the script worked: it asks which object I want to synthetise, but the items are not added to my inventory.
Yeah i mentioned having to add them in, in the first post. Thanks for trying just what i wanted.

Right i will look over it, can you press all the buttons?

If so its just the link between the button and the adding items.
Quote: I mentioned having to add them in, in the first post
Sorry I missed that...

Quote:can you press all the buttons?
What buttons? The 3 options in the message box? Yes, that works.
Its ok =)

Yeah the options, well since thye work i will check the script and make sure thye add the items.

Thank you for testing it :goodjob:
By the way, do you think this could be possible with a script:
the player enters in a machine, press a button, chooses a destination and then the machine and the player move to the selected place.

Since Dumac City was the capital of an underground empire, I find it coherent to state that they had a kind of underground transportation network. I already have tunnels, I can model a machine... The machine doesn't need to be animated, actually the player would be teleported in another machine somewhere else, but he will think that the machine moved.

I think it could increase the feeling of beeing deep underground. And it could be activated by a quest. Lets say Dwemer used energy from the earth and the thunder, then the player has to activate some machines to turn on earth power, and has to cast a shock spell on the top of a tower for thunder power (he has to figure it out himself), or alternatively he could cast a changing weather spell...

By the same occasion, turning on the power could turn on the light in Dumac.

Then we could imagine that the synthesis machine needs to be repaired with items found in different locations linked by the travel machine. The synthesis machine also needs energy to work, as Seniosh said:
Quote:It might be cool if we actually made power supply a large factor. Like had a certain flow of power for each ruin, and then having ways to increase that, such as fixing more boilers.
I wonder if we could animate a transportation machine though. It'd be INSANE if you could ride a platform around the ruins! Unfortunately there is no precedent for this, so we'd be on our own trying to make it work. (if anyone can think of anything remotely like this, i'll check it out)

And the moving script is definitely possible. The power script should be too, but it'd be complicated to set up. Though i'd LOVE to see a ruin that you have to delve into, bit by bit
Pages: 1 2