Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: FPS problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As I'm sure many have noticed, Reich Parkeep suffers from FPS problems in many places. I myself is the kind of player who's disturbed by any kind of FPS problems whatsoever, so I'm eager to correct the problem.

What do you think is the number one cause of it? Texture size? Parallax maps? Where is the ideal starting point for me to start fixing the problems?
My guess is the open city. Because now the processor would have to take every thing that is inside, many different textures, AI, models..., which it didn't have to do before. Also, I haven't checked, but to me the new walls seem to be pretty high-poly. You may want to check that. Confusedhrug:
I think it's the same case with Steadhelm. Steadhelm has a wall in the front, but not in the back. So it is partially an open city, which slows the FPS enormously. Almost everywhere I go in Steadhelm I get a very slow FPS.

Bye,

Sanpicture
Hmm... Ok let's go with that. Do you guys know of any feasible way I could counter the effects?