Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Morag Tong main quest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Ok, this shall be the thread where we discuss the main questline for the ST morag tong. I am open to many different ideas, plot twists, enemies, situations, ect, although i do already have an idea of what the quest could be.

Ok, so the Main quest goes something like this (and if you plan on actually playing the quest in ST, this will ruin it for you)

- Obviously, first you have the writs. The simple stuff, the fun stuff, the murders that made you join it in the first place.

- Then, you start hearing rumors of botched writs. Horribly botched; the wrong people killed, assassins themselves killed, things just generally going wrong.

- You yourself will have such an experience, prehaps depending on your fame level and how well you have done your writs (getting bonuses, ect)

- King Helseth will send a committee to investigate the Morag Tong. As a legal guild of assassins, they must be the very best, and do everything to the letter. These mistaken murders must be stopped.

- A possibility would be for you to be high enough in the guild that you are able to sit in on an important meeting, and through the dialogue topics and your speechcraft, help determine the fate of your guild's legality.

- Furthermore, many of the next few writs will have botch potential. However, you may be able to avert tragedy by your skills and powers of observation.

- Regardless of how you perform, you will be tasked with finding out what is going wrong. You must shadow another MT assassin to his target, and try to figure out if it was set up, then by whom. This will obviously be the DB, interfereing by messing with writs, setting traps, ect

- The twist in all of this, is that while you are doing this, the MT gets shut down. Helseth decides that the guild should no longer exist, and it becomes illegal. That is UNLESS you have very very high speechcraft, and were VERY persuasive in the conference. AND, you have performed all of your writs excellently. Otherwise, the guild has to go underground.

- After the guild is shut down, the guildmaster contacts you to join the underground MT. Operating is much more shady now, and guards will not hesitate to kill you.

- Perhaps you will investigate some more hits gone wrong, and all the evidence points to the DB. The questions are where, and what to do about it.

- After you come back from an evidence gathering mission, you see a suspicious individual leaving your guild. You hurridly enter, to find your master dead on the floor, with DB symbols painted with his blood, a brazen challange to the MT. You become guildmaster in his stead, and it is left to you to answer this challange with the extermination of the DB

- You will have to shadow the assassin back to the DB hideout to learn where it is, without being seen. If you are seen, prehaps some guards know of the location, but Oh Dear, they are being bribed by DB. Persuade them, counter bribe them, or find out who brings the bribes.

- Anyways, once you know the location of the DB strike team, and their startup sanctuary, you will have to reassemble the members of the MT, and outline a plan to sneak in, wreak some justice, and then get the heck out! There can be a couple different plans, each with a different level of complexity. The most complex could be near impossible to pull off, but if you do it; the perfect execution.
* This will require coordination with NPCs, and i'm NOT sure if it will work. If not, there will have to be one plan, or you do it all yourself

- Hurrah! the DB has been slain. But wait, the MT is still illegal, CRAP!

- This is actually the part where i'm not quite sure what to do, but i think a possibility is that King Helseth puts you through a rigerous test to see if you are fit to restart the MT, confident that nobody will mess up. Or you could bribe/kill a bunch of people and get it by force. I think proving your skill will get you more writs, cause it's honorable.

And that, my friends, is the end of my idea for the main quest arc of the Morag Tong. If you like it, hate it, have suggestions, want clarifications, PLEASE post. the one thing i never want to do is create a giant guild, quests, subquests, sidequests, and then have everyone hate it. So please, remember that the quest is only a WIP. Work has not started, so if you don't like it, now's the time!
I like :yes:
I like it too Smile

But I think it would be a good idea if you made a flowchart of the quest tree, so that it's easier to follow the different branches. Could be handdrawn on paper and scanned, or laid out in a Word-, HTML- or other document?

The miscellanous writs you mentioned in the start of your text also made me think of something that would be very handy later on; a starter esp for writs, which has all the content and templates pre-made, so the modder of the writ can concentrate on modding the interiors and characters. I think it could also be a good way of ensuring that all writ quests work, and the conformity could make for a better and cleaner overview too. So I was thinking that a modder who wants to mod one of the writ quests would pick up the starter esp, then go over to our claims boards and pick up the interior(s) he needed for the quest, and mod both the interior(s) and the quest in the same esp. I mean it couldn't be like ten interiors in one esp, that'd be really hard to keep track of when merging it, but one or two would work I think. Personally I suck at making quests but I would still like the opportunity to mod a writ quest from such a starter esp Smile
Hmm you mean like setting up a basic quest, but leaving it to the claimer to fill in the information, such as dialogue, interior, ect? That sounds pretty good to me.

I'll get to work on a flow chart. I don't think i can scan things, but i'll see what i can do in MS Word.

K, got an outline. Not a flowchart, but it'll do for now.
Very Good

I like it and your Word text lays it out nicely

I like the interaction between the 2 parties (MT and DB) but we need to take care of how far we take that interaction.

Things to consider about the DB

1) they should be in organizational strife
2) weakened by possibly 2 major blows to their organization
Nerevarine in Mournhold and the Morag Tong job against the leader Severa Magia and possibly the Night Mother are dead.

Enjoy
Bob
Here is a thing that I posted in the thread for the interior, and the location of the guild hall, and I think that it coud be a good quest, somewhere in the middle-end of your quest line, but post thoughts on this pleas...

I'm just wondering...The MT will be illegal after some time right? If it is so, I don't think that it would be very smart of them to keep staying at the same place, when everyone knows where to find them. Is that a problem or not? And I happend to think of a quest to, to maybe solve this thing... Something about that you, when the MT is illegal, will be given the task of colecting money from what every you can think of, MT members, ordinary people, anyone. And when you have colected some money, you will go out and hunt for a good place to build a new house, that will serve as the new guild hall. Something like the quests you got in Morrowind, when in a House, when you could build you own little colony, but this time just one house...Or is this just way crazy?
I always pictured Helseth making them illegal for his own political gain, such as what he did with slavery, rather than because of the botched murders. If you plan on having it because of this, you might as well have someone else make it illegal, someone more local. I think it would work out better, considering Helseth lives in Mournhold, which ST isn't building.
keep in mind that the common Dunmer see the Morag Tong as their rightful legal assassins guild... while the Dark Brotherhood IS a bastardly dastardly offshoot, now a foreign assassin guild and outlawed everywhere...
Helseth probably has better relations with the Dark Brotherhood and seems to be well respected by them in Morrowind.

so it is very possible when people find out that usurper-king has decided to shut down one of their rightful Tongs, traditional native Dunmer like the Redoran will begin rioting. Though often poorer and less numerous than the Dunmer supporting Helseth, the difference is that the Redoran will fight for what they believe in, and seeing as how Imperial (and Helseth's control) is lax in the Redoran area, long thought to be settled by a stubborn but subdued Redoran...
no ones expects the long subdued mainland Redoran to suddenly rise up...
but seeing as how Helseth really doesn't do much for them when Ald-ruhn got razed, when the Nords invaded, and when Hlaalu began encroaching on Redoran turf (and Helseth seems behind it all or only stands to gain) the Redoran won't stand for it...

plus, unless Helseth wantsto break the Armistice (the Empire and Morrowind's agreement) then he cannot shut down the Morag Tong without their consent. The Morag Tong would not consent to such a thing, and wouldn't go down without a fight. Here is their home, this is their land, and where would they go if they got shut down?

the idea is very cool, but like previous posters said, arrnage in a way that is more likely :goodjob:
Ahh ok, i am not an expert on MW lore, and thus know little of the treaties between the imperials and morrowind. I was thinking that Helseth had wanted to shut down the guild for some time, and tried to use these murders gone wrong as an excuse to shut down the RP/Soluthis branch, as a way to begin weakening the guild.

Of course once it becomes illegal, the guild will restart (underground), probably under the protection of some disgruntled noble, and the popular outrage will be one thing that prompts Helseth to allow them to regain legal status

And please explain more about the DB in morrowind. I never played much of morrowind, and i only know that the DB is going strong in OB. I was thinking that this would be their way of re-establishing a foothold after their losses.

I am not a lore expert, so please continue to suggest alternatives. If there is anyone in RP/Soluthis who would have the power (and motive) to shut down the MT, who would it be. Helseth to me seemed like the guy with power and motive, who's just been waiting for this sort of excuse to pounce upon the MT. Also, the guys in RP probably aren't going to stop Helseth, seeing as they're filthy imperials
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
snip
plus, unless Helseth wantsto break the Armistice (the Empire and Morrowind's agreement) then he cannot shut down the Morag Tong without their consent. The Morag Tong would not consent to such a thing, and wouldn't go down without a fight. Here is their home, this is their land, and where would they go if they got shut down?
snip
Didn't Helseth break the Armistice already by banning slavery?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5