Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [WIP]The Fall of Osgiliath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I and the Osgiliath-Mod-Team present the town-mod Osgiliath.
Here some information:

Story of Osgiliath:

Osgiliath (sindarin: citadel of stars) was the first capital city Gondors, founded at 3320 of the second ages, 121 years before there end. On half way between Minas Anor and
Minas Ithil this was a primary seat of government of Isildur and Anarion.
Until the year 1437 of the third ages was the town undisputed the capital and thanks their inland ports also emporium of Gondor, when it was heavily destroyed in the course
of a civil war the big bridge fall down partial. 1640, after the big plague, when the inhabitants were suffering especially, Osgiliath was given up as capital city and falls
continues in debris. After an attack from Mordor in 2475, the town and the bridge was once and for all destroyed and the last inhabitants left the town.

The view of Osgiliath must be elusively at the time of their highlight of might. The Dunedain weren't surely known for their architectural humility and restraint, therefore
Osgiliath overtopped all other towns and constructions easily.
Already the Anduin has covered a distance of 1000 miles and might be at large one mile. Those wide the bridge must be too. Built of stone and on big arcs, so that at least
little ships could pass through. On this bridge there stand many towers and stone houses, under it the big tower too, which includes the astrodome of stars, where the big
palantir was kept and the hall of kings, probably in the same building. On the bridge may found hence the important and biggest buildings of the town, except for the wharves,
which were inlaid for the swelly ships. Aside it was the only dry connection of Ithilien and the conquered eastlands with the rest of Gondor the importantly traffic junction of
the empire.
It is difficulty to appraise the whole extent of this building, but you can well originate of a width of at least 200, more likely 300 feet and a altitude of the tower the astrodome
of stars of about 400 feet. The astrodome, which gives the whole town the name, corresponded well a black or darkblue hemisphere with big spread stars of gold and silver.
Their diameter was well about 200 feet. In the civil war it caved finally the tower together with the palantir in the Anduin.

Cooperator (names out of the Tes-Oblivion forum):
-Kevin200: teamleader, quests, landscape, in-/exterior
-RPG-BlackDragon: Modelle (mainly landscape), technology (graphic), speaker, landscape, maybe externior
-AmeN: models (maybe objects, internior), speaker, homepage
-MrMuh: scripte
-Chisui: Modelle (weapons, armors)
-BiggestNoob: externior/internior-design
-DerTotmacher: story, creatures (CS)
-Andre: Concept-Arts (mainly buildings)
-acapulco: Concept-Arts (mainly armors, weapons)
-Spiderskin: exterior/interior-design, Speaker, quests

Story:
We are playing the decline of Osgiliath, also finally no victory and world saving, a legitimately defeat. The player will have time to do the mainquests and sidequests, then
the orcs will overrun Osgiliath and the player has to flee with the other soldiers, and Osgiliath is for good lost. (This was now only a abridgement, all in all it will be more...)

Complexity:
The town Osgiliath
Canals of Osgiliath
New races (woodrunner and humans of Numenor)
New creatures (orcs, trolls, if possible nazgul)
New Clothes and armor (armors of Gondor + woodrunner lether-armor with cape.)
Several hours captivating story and if it is possible, a little "surprise" in kind of a change.
A ship that drives from Anvil to Osgiliath.

Cell where Osgiliath is: 5% (At the moment only land, we must make it new, because of the new CS)
Moddling: 0%
Textures: 0%
Quests: 2% (Only the story is definite.)
Scripts: 0%
In/Exterior-Design: 1 % (Only first deck of the ship)

SCREENS
THE SHIP:
The ship external (Not finish. Later - that means we make a new 3d modell Wink )

Ship inside:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5
Picture 6
Picture 7

Under deck:
Picture 1i
Picture 2i
Picture 3i
Picture 4i
Picture 5i
Picture 6i

For more informations our forum:
Der Fall von Osgiliath - Erlebe die Stadt - Sei der Held in Herr der Ringe

Now we are searching for a Concept-Painter!
More information here in Osgiliath-Jobs

RPG-BlackDragon
Tried to work with Grey Wizards MERP mod?
Sorry, I doesn't know this MOD! Smile
Well GW is really closed and secretive about it.
You did know about it . I told you about it in you BSF thread .