Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Use of your Dwemer modelwork?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I formally request permission to use work on the Dwemer tilesets and/or items that you create. I am an independant modder, and wish greatly to add Dwemer content into Oblivion, and will most likely be either creating a new area, or recreating Red Mountain (maybe more, but thats a nice small starting area), and populating it with Dwemer ruins. If you won't allow me, I'll have to find a modelling team and do the texturing myself, and it seems that a lot of redundant work isn't very smart ^-^

Anyway I hope that you allow me, I would of course give full credit in big fonts in the readmes and postings of this, and respect your materials in full.

Excuse me if my status as a new member frightens you for this request, but I've been watching your progress almost since you started, I just never registered ^-^. Good work, btw (very).
Well our policy for that is really to let the makers of each model decide whether to let you. if you wanted use of the tileset, for example, you'd have to ask TheImperialDragon. Towers and the bridge are RideWithTheWind, and some of the misc models are donated by Sahardoom. Also there's the textures (not sure who did those, sorry!)

So prehaps those people will stop by and give their opinions. It rests in their hands.
Well, nice to have someone ask for once. Big Grin You should consider contacting either KuKulzA of the Vvardenfell team for Red Mountain, or Dumac City ( Contact Seniosh, bob196045, or InsanitySorrow, not really sure who you should talk to there, but you'll be pointed in the right direction anyway... Tongue ).

I made the tileset models to be exclusive to Beyond Cyrodiil, which includes Vvardenfell and Silgrad Tower ( and all those other guys Big Grin ). Silgrad and Vvardenfell are projects I have put in a good amount of time for, and I won't develop a mod that conflicts with either of them. The work people put into the projects would become less meaningful as new projects pop up in hopes of making the same thing (and the same thing goes for them). Ideally, people should be focusing on a single goal together. You are an individual modder wishing to develop Dwemer, and here are projects that are in need of people who are willing to develop Dwemer. Our goals are compatible you see...

Whether or not you join, the full tileset is restricted to ST/Vvardenfell modders, you can find a little bit of info about this asset system here, as well as the reasons for it. An alternate workable tileset can be made, just like how Redoran architecture has an alternate version which the public can have access to and add to ST - though it cannot be used in other mods. To gain access to the full tileset, you would have to do the same as anyone else - meaning you'd have to help develop our mods.

The full assets are to be released publicly on the full ST release. The tileset I have right now isn't even close to final, and I am still trying to find a good time to get some work on it. I'm happy enough with the geometry of the existing models, but I am planning on re-UV mapping them, then adding new pieces to the tileset.
Thanks for the clarification TheImperialDragon, I wasn't 100% sure before if you wanted your set to be exclusive =)

black[/HR]

Yushatak: I understand your reasons for wanting to use our assets, but I hope you can also understand our reasons for wanting to keep the assets within our team(s). One of the reasons are that we've always been strapped for modders in the Silgrad Tower team in the Oblivion era. Things have improved considerably since ST v2.0 was released, but in an ideal situation we would have a dozen more guys working with us.

However as a whole we've been strong in the modelling- and texturing department all the while, and I don't think I'd be exaggerating if I said ST is the most ambitious Oblivion mod there is in terms of modelling and texturing. If we had shared our assets freely we would have done ourselves a disservice, because we would have lost modders over it who decided instead they want to do their own mod using our stuff.

So you see how it would hurt our interests to share the assets. It's not because we're mean, it's because we want our mod to turn out as great as it possibly can be. I hope you decide to give our team a chance, but if you don't want to then I wish you good luck.
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

So you see how it would hurt our interests to share the assets. It's not because we're mean, it's because we want our mod to turn out as great as it possibly can be. I hope you decide to give our team a chance, but if you don't want to then I wish you good luck.

Making ST mod the best it can be is what its all about.
Putting the ST mod first is actually putting the players interests first.

The humble modders interests come in a close second. Wink Modders wishing to express them themselves through modding have as far I've known, always been invited to join and mod with ST.