Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Stand Still
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well from what i have seen activity wise, this looks to be at a stand still, Bob is still gone, though i thought he was back and Seniosh, well has not been posting.

What the ! is wrong?

Maybe its time i came at this with a Vengance =)
Howdy IS

I have returned I'm just not up to speed yet, still dealing with some issues and I just haven't been able to focus

Alas it will all return Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
Sorry, i haven't been posting cause there hasn't been much to post about! Most of the activity has taken place over at the Dwemer Models thread. It's hardly been inactive; we've almost got enough models to start on the exterior.

RideWithTheWind has made 3 (i think) towers, a bridge, and is starting on the weird house things. We don't have textures, but see if you want to do the exterior, contact RideWithTheWind and ask him for his completed models. They can be textured later.

Plus i'm doing the Morag Tong Guildhall, seeing as there isn't much interior to do yet, seeing as how the tileset is incomplete, and TheImperialDragon will do it when he can.
Stilgar is likely to have a look at those needed textures, so you can expect to have a fully operational exterior set within a few days or weeks.

For my part I have 3 towers, a bridge, a round house, and there is still 2 weird buildings and some pipes that I'd like to model. There is also some heavily destroyed pieces but they seem very boring to model and I think that some retextured rocks will be nice for it. I also have to add collision, I'll do that once the all the models will be done.

Sorry to disappoint you but CS work on the exterior is not for today Wink.

I can't wait to start modeling the interiors, I have a lot of ideas and quick concept models.
Ahh collision... right. I forgot about that small detail. Well we're ALMOST ready to do the exterior

What interior pieces would you be interested in? The tileset's taken, though i'm sure you'd do a great job, but there are plenty of things such as pillars, machines, other weird pieces, furniture, items, ect that you could do. Always more to be done around here. I should get to finishing the bench i was making. Furniture's weird though
I'm back to, had some problems at home. getting to work.
Quote:What interior pieces would you be interested in?

I now that the tileset is taken but since Dumac is supposed to be a capital I think it would request more than that, things like a living district and machine rooms would be cool as well. But anyway, this is for later...
We are going to need grand architecture for our city of course! Especially needed will be the exteriors of houses and manors. I'm not sure how we're going to do the houses exactly. Either individual houses placed in a row, or imperial city style blocks of houses. I personally would vote for the IC style blocks, but it's never been discussed.

Hmm you know what would be really amazing? a sort of "cavern" tileset that allows for the creation of GIANT dwemer halls and such, where they could place their cities. I'm talking tall enough to fit a tower. Might be a large FPS hit though, rendering a gigantic cavern filled with houses. I'd love to see it, but it's all in the future, and depends on what's done with mudcave and TID's tileset.
The Dwemer Interior Set from Tribumal is plenty large enough to support a Dwemer City including the Towers if assemble properly it would easily give the illusion of being underground especially if a cave floor and ceiling (dirt or Rock) is used
That reminds me, i still need to beat morrowind, which i've been neglecting.

Unfortunately, any interior set will have to wait until the current one is finished, so that we can make sure they link nicely. I don't even think a cave floor and ceiling are necessary. Just the bigness will be awe-inspiring, and make your eyes pop out. We'll have to see how everything looks
Pages: 1 2