Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: start of game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
has it been discussed how the game will start yet
Just as in Vanilla Oblivion after you finished the MQ. I'm not sure how you get to Vvardenvell but I guess you'll be contacted by a messenger adn then take a boat in Anvil.
Y'know what, I think it would make more (if possible) to actually start the game itself in Vvardenfell, in Seyda Neen or a prison somewhere... I think it'd be a bit weird if the timeline suddenly moved along 6 years. Not that that's a bad idea though, don't get me wrong. Wink
If any of the other BC project does the same it makes them incompatable so I say stick with the original beginning and use a boat or teleport.
Ah, I forgot about that...
My idea was after the MQ for Cyrodiil was finished, you are told by the Blades that there is trouble on Vvardenfell. The Nerevarine has gone to Akavir, and the Blades on Vvardenfell know tensions are rising higher than ever...

and so, Jauffre tells you that...
"you will be sent from Cheydinhal, first by carriage, then by boat... to the East... to Morrowind... fear not for the Blades are watchful, however I must warn you, Champion of Cyrodiil, Vvardenfell is about to burst into turmoil, and you must be careful. We do not know how King Helseth would respond to you, or how the declining Tribunal Temple will recieve you, but go you must to help the land in the name of the Empire.... "

or something LIKE that... Blade-like but reminiscent to Azura's speech in the beginning of TES3 Big Grin
so of course you go, first by carriage, then by boat, to the East, to Morrowind... bla bla bla

and you end up in Seyda Neen... etc.etc.

I want the very beginning to all be reminscent of TES3... so players will be like "oh, wow, I remember this! it's kinda different but wow, pretty cool... " and so it'll have a funny sort of charm... especially when you enter the Census and Excise building and you are greeted by a squeaky Breton voice... :lol:

but anyhow, those were my thoughts, other people's ideas are fine with me too, we'll just have to come up with a really good beginning to really drawin the player Smile
Can't jauffre die in the MQ though? He's expendable at some point certainly, cause he got himself killed by the end of the MQ (don't want to give any spoilers). I'm pretty sure he can die, so you should probably chose another NPC.

That's an awesome idea for an opener though. Only question is what if you don't want to finish the oblivion MQ first? Will there be an option to just start in Vvardenfell? Cause especially if i'm starting a new character for Vvardenfell, i don't want to have to do the MQ again. I'd rather just start off on a boat to Vvardenfell
thats the problem though...

here is why we want to have you able to go to Vvardenfell before or during the main quest:
  • Then you can participate in the fall of Ald-ruhn and help make a name curhsing the Daedra on Vvardenfell, and really witness all the tragedy...
  • You can then start a new character just for Vvardenfell
  • will require that you did the MQ quest of [u]Breaking the Siege of Kvatch[/i] so that Oblivion Gates are officially opened

here is why we want to have you able to go to Vvardenfell after the main quest is done:
  • You can then witness a land in a post-catastrophe setting, where everyone is tense, scared, and readying for more violence
  • we won't have to bother with the involvement in the fall of Aldruhn
  • you will already be champion of cyrodiil and have reputation

both are good in my opinion Confusedhrug:
why not just let the player go there anytime? depending on how far the player has gotten in the game (MQ and/or time passed) different events in vardenfell are qued.

technicaly, you dont realy need jauffre for the quest me thinks. just have some other blade talk about it and sugest that they need help. also, since the NPCs talk about it in rumors anyhow, the player will probably want to go there anyhow.
Hmm you could be given an option prehaps? It would be complicated though...

I suppose you could have the option to go to Vvardenfell at any time during the main quest. You could witness fall of ald-ruhn, destruction, daedra, ect. and do some quests and stuff.

Then, at a certain point in the MQ, you are "stuck" in cyrodiil. Why would ships be running as daedra take over the land? Once you complete the MQ, you can go back to Vvardenfell, and you will see everything that's happened while you were in cyrodiil, as a result of the end of the daedric crisis. Then you get the best of both worlds in my opinion.

You'll have a name killing daedra in Vvardenfell AND cyrodiil, you can help out Ald-Ruhn if you want to, and you get to witness the land both being ravaged by daedra, and post daedra anxiety.

Only thing is that you can't make a character exclusively for Vvardenfell in this scheme, but that could be an option too.
Pages: 1 2