Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Balmora Layout (final)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
You can check with sandor; if anyone know he would. So would RW, but RL has him right now apparently. SmileIf there is not one, I'll blow the dust from my Max and put it together. Those look like MW screens; if so can you go into the console and get me the NIF name for pic1?

Steve

I am unlearned on the ways of meshes, textures etc. The TES3 CS names are as follows:

That bridge in the photo is made up of 4 parts.

ex_hlaalu_bridge_04, is the stair part of the bridge.

ex_hlaalu_bridge_01, is the arch part of the bridge.

I looked for the files in the data directory but couldn't find them. Are the directory files for ingame only and the files in question part of the ST BSA?
I figured I would give an update. It's early but why not.

The riverwalks I believe will be closer when I can figure out bridges. The walk on the right side will stay and the left side will tighten up. I placed the garrison just inside the city entrance do to space contraints but it is in general location according to Kukula's map. You can see the temple up in the top left, that thing is huge compared to the original(but very nice looking). I bet that will take some time modding the interior. I check to see if the original temple was buried in the hill and it was so this one will also have some bleeding. If anyone disagrees with that please say so and I will try and work around that.

Any how this is where it is. Goodnight all Smile.
Looks amazing in TESIV. :goodjob:
Nice work so far, Zurke. :goodjob:

If you're interested, I've got some screens in my ancient photobucket account of when I worked on Balmora a while back sometime last year. I might even still have the esp lying around somewhere if you could find any use from it. I stopped working at the time because I couldn't get used to the tileset and its separate pieces. There were also meshes missing which hindered things a bit.

Is there a smaller temple available in the assets you're using btw?
Don't forget to (re)texture some areas. I can see texture errors from your screenshot. You can also cover this errors with bog objects.
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91

If you're interested, I've got some screens in my ancient photobucket account of when I worked on Balmora a while back sometime last year. I might even still have the esp lying around somewhere if you could find any use from it. I stopped working at the time because I couldn't get used to the tileset and its separate pieces. There were also meshes missing which hindered things a bit.

Dave:
How much had you gotten finished? Were you mapping balmora according to kukula's map?

I have found the 'exclamation' markers on what appears to be a peticular set of meshes(ExHlaBuiHouseGround.....) probably items left out for unforeseen reasons. I am able as you can see to find mostly what is needed. The bridges crossing the river and the stairs running between buildings are what I see as missing. Those will be very important if this is to look balmora'ish IMO. I know what you are saying about the tileset and separate pieces it is time consuming but it is only a case of getting use to it for me. With the new BSA it may be different also as far as finding meshes go.

The temple is Velothi that one in the photo is StExVelBuildingTemple02. The other StExVelBuildingTemple01 is an exclamation so I am not sure what it looks like. In the end I agree smaller probably would keep with Balmora.

blackbird: From what I can see the whole map needs to be retextured. Unless I am doing something wrong there are no plants, and really no texture to speak of.
Quote:How much had you gotten finished? Were you mapping balmora according to kukula's map?

Yep. I know one side of the river was complete, and the other (the temple side) was mostly done other than the buildings that couldn't be modded. I remember including the barracks/garrison near the temple ... can't remember if I started on the ship port down the river. I also made a start on the palace/digsite thingie behind Caius Cosades' house.

I think the ground textures are a result of the TES3 -> TES4 landscape port. I don't think there's anything that can be done about that other than edit the ground textures yourself when you come across them in the CS.

If you can't find the temple through ST, I might be able to make one for you if I get time.
Quote:How much had you gotten finished? Were you mapping balmora according to kukula's map?

Yep. I know one side of the river was complete, and the other (the temple side) was mostly done other than the buildings that couldn't be modded. I remember including the barracks/garrison near the temple ... can't remember if I started on the ship port down the river. I also made a start on the palace/digsite thingie behind Caius Cosades' house.

I think the ground textures are a result of the TES3 -> TES4 landscape port. I don't think there's anything that can be done about that other than edit the ground textures yourself when you come across them in the CS.

If you can't find the temple through ST, I might be able to make one for you if I get time.

I am not sure what you mean about editing the textures. I was under the impression I would have to landscape everything. Is there an easier way?

I will ask Sandor about the temple and get back with you.

Do you still have the esp? I dont't mind continuing where you left off. It about this project not who does it. So if you do have it and it's still workable do you mind it being used?
Dave_91 , Just waiting on some feed back from Sandor.

Were those buildings made using the Hlaalu House Project tiles ?

If so were you able to rid them of the sparkles ?

Enjoy
Bob
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6