Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: [concept] Renrijra Krin: Light Armour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I saw someone request this but couldn't find thread again... hope you like! And sorry about quality, had to photograph it 'cause scanner is broken.

Renrijra Krin Light Armour

Inspiration for this came from a text in the Imperial Library about them. Basically, they need to escape as well as attack, so I tried to combine the tough fightiness of iron with the soft pliableness of leather to encompass both aspects of RK military strategy.

Note: May develop concept for creatures based on skulls used in armour.

Edd

EDIT: Oops, meant to post this in concpet art board :/ could some admin type person move it please?
Hey, welcome!

I have to say I like the design, and although its not proportionate, its detailed enough that a modeler can work from it. That said, the krin are not my area of lore. Krisi-_ loves the krin, and protect his projects lore correctness like a newborn (and rightly so!), so he'd have to give the go ahead here.
Now I supposed that counts as a compliment.. .
The armor I'd say is nice.. but how heavy would it be?
I'd say (by Oblivion standards) about 16-17 wieght for a full set, thats an approximate average of leather and chainmail weights, after all it is basically a mish-mash of both. Also, being Krin loremaster, do you like the wirstband idea? I kinda felt it might make them seem a little like crusaders and it would be unifying. I properly read up on the lore (just enough to get an idea of what armour would be practical), do they bother with a mark or other form of identification?

Edd

EDIT: "detailed enough that a modeler can work from it" - YAY! If i wanted to give modelng a try, what program would be best to use? I don't think my computer will handle CS, is there another option?
Quote:Originally posted by llamaranger
I'd say (by Oblivion standards) about 16-17 wieght for a full set, thats an approximate average of leather and chainmail weights, after all it is basically a mish-mash of both. Also, being Krin loremaster, do you like the wirstband idea? I kinda felt it might make them seem a little like crusaders and it would be unifying. I properly read up on the lore (just enough to get an idea of what armour would be practical), do they bother with a mark or other form of identification?

Edd

EDIT: "detailed enough that a modeler can work from it" - YAY! If I wanted to give modelng a try, what program would be best to use? I don't think my computer will handle CS, is there another option?

If your on a budget then i'de have to say Blender, its free

http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/
They wouldn't bother on their armor.. they prefer to strike swiftly and begone before anyone can do anything against them.. And are most of them would probably be wearing their old bandit clothing...
Quote:Originally posted by Krisi-_
They wouldn't bother on their armor.. they prefer to strike swiftly and begone before anyone can do anything against them.. And are most of them would probably be wearing their old bandit clothing...

I agree with the idnetification thing, wasn't a great idea to start with, but I'm doing another set of concepts for jungle/guerilla warfare based armour either just as normal armour or unique (posiibly enchanted) armour for high ranking Renrijra Krin members.

Also. The desert armour is supposed to be bandity, but also a little cobbled together, 'cause normally they'd be fighting in the jungle.

In terms of combat (especially with the Legion), I get the idea that the Legion are completely out of their depth in this harsh environment and the Krin are slowly picking them off. Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick on that one though.

Edd
Update (what? everyone else seems to put it...): RK jungle based armour (obviously dont have to be Krin, but I'd like them to be Tongue)

Cuiriass

Greaves and other.

Various helm concepts (looking back some arent exactly great Tongue)

And some more "precise" concept art for alternate gauntlets:

Gauntlet

Gauntlet 2

And just for kicks:

The Warrior

Opinions welcome,

Edd

P.S. Through some advanced jiggerypokery I've managed to get TES:CS running albeit I have no render window at the moment...

EDIT: I should really stop posting so much.. (too much spare time Tongue)

EDIT (again): TES:CS running fine, with full render capacities... on a GeForce3 Ti500 Tongue it gets a bit slow at times...
very nice concept but no skeletons on it too necromatic Tongue

the bambo armor idea is awsome too (gauntlet)
Added to links page.