Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Installing the SI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm going to install the shivering isles. I haven't patched either to latest version either. I'm also thinking to patch my CS to v1.2.
So I won't be avalaible to modding for at least some days.
Install SI then download the latest patch for Oblivion and SI, install the Oblivion one first then the SI one, you will then have the lates 1.2.0416 version. Don't worry about patching before hand.

Should not take you too long to do it all.
Thank you for your advice.
No problem, i came across this when i installed the official 1.2 patch the installed SI, it changed the version. Anyway when i installed the new patches it works this way perfectly and makes sense. BUt either way should work since they update to the same version.
For modding, make sure you get the CS patch or it won't work. For modding with ST or other projects that don't want a SI dependancy, keep a backup of the old ESM which you will use for modding. I wish we didn't have to do that, the whole community has SI already.
[mod=TheImperialDragon]No swearing on the Silgrad Tower boards[/mod]I did not make a back up, oh well i remember how to fix it. Anyway how come you cannot make it dependant also something was mentioned about not using the latest CS use version 1. Sorry if i'm off-topic here.
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
For modding, make sure you get the CS patch or it won't work. For modding with ST or other projects that don't want a SI dependancy, keep a backup of the old ESM which you will use for modding. I wish we didn't have to do that, the whole community has SI already.

Dammit, I haven't one and if I had one, could I install the SI right?
Will I be able to mod?
Do you have enough space on your hard drive?
If so, I'll have a solution which allows you to work with both the versions.
I'm moving some files of my brother to his hard drive, so it would be possible.
I assume you have Oblivion v1.1. installed in: ..\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\.

Create a DataOld directory in your Oblivion folder.
Copy all the content of the data directory to the DataOld directory.
You have to, because SI changes the assets, as well.
Make a copy of the the Oblivion exe and rename it to OblivionOld. Copy the OblivionOld exe to the Oblivion directory, there are now two exes (Oblivion and OblivionOld).

Install SI.

Update with the necessary patches.
Play SI.

If you want to use the previous version rename the Data folder to DataSI and rename the DataOld folder to Data.
Rename the Oblivion exe to OblivionSI and rename OblionOld exe to Oblivion. --> Play the previous version. Etc.

It's also possible to use both the CS versions, just rename the previous version to TESConstructionSetOld and install the new version. If you want to use the previous version change the name of the new version to TESConstructionSetNew and change the name of TESConstructionSetOld to TESConstructionSet. Etc.

If you want to remove the dependancy of an esp file (1.2.0.0), send the file to me.
Pages: 1 2 3