Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: SHC29 "The Inner Main Gate" [Finished]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The interior (Steadhelm29a+b) cells are in the attached esp.

Claim Difficulty: Medium.

NPC('s): 1 or more, race no preference.
Name generator.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI. Don't forget the pathgrid.

Description.

The Inner Main Gate is used as an armory by the Steadhelm city guards.
The NPC is a responsible for the inventory and often visits the Town smith (SHC09) for repairs etc. He sleeps in one of the other towers.

Use the attached esp to start modding.

You'll need the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.14 or a higher version.
I'd like to claim this. I would like permission to treat SHC29 and SHC38 as one entity and to rearrange the interior doors and such as I think they need. In particular there is one corridor (south corridor in SHC38 - Outer Main Gate) that goes nowhere. I'd like to attach that to SHC29 - Inner Main Gate and use it for a weapons store room. I'd also like to place guards on the walls overlooking the courtyard - an archer and battlemage if I can swing it.

I ask in advance because I know we are supposed to have fun, but I don't know how you guys feel about me changing the floor plan so much.

One more thing, not all the NPC's have to be guards right? It's not a problem if they do though.

*mind starts racing with non-extreme ideas*
Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar
I'd like to claim this. I would like permission to treat SHC29 and SHC38 as one entity and to rearrange the interior doors and such as I think they need. In particular there is one corridor (south corridor in SHC38 - Outer Main Gate) that goes nowhere. I'd like to attach that to SHC29 - Inner Main Gate and use it for a weapons store room. I'd also like to place guards on the walls overlooking the courtyard - an archer and battlemage if I can swing it.

I ask in advance because I know we are supposed to have fun, but I don't know how you guys feel about me changing the floor plan so much.
I think that's a good idea.
Have fun! Smile

One more thing, not all the NPC's have to be guards right?
Yes.
Sorry I have been MIA. I am still working on this claim, just so you know. In between real life and being reminded just how much fun it is actually playing the game (I finally got KotN and all the other "unofficial" plugins they had for sale - still waiting on SI though), I haven't had much time lately.

Anyways, this is what i have so far. The layout is this:

The quartermaster's shop is in the bottom of the south tower, above that is the cook's bedroom (from SHC38). The door behind the quartermaster's counter (with the sword and shield decorations) leads to the quartermaster's warehouse in the south corridor. In-game the only way to get into the warehouse would be to kill or pickpocket the quartermaster for the key.

The north tower has a training room in the bottom. Presumably it is for the guards to test out the new weapons that were issued to them, but visitor are welcome. Above that is the bedroom of the quartermaster himself.

The only room I am finished with is the warehouse, so there is still a bit of work to go on the clutter, but any comments would be appreciated.

I haven't yet, but I think I will make every individual item in the warehouse owned. Right now the only thing that is owned is the zone itself. That and the chest and crates respawn, hope that's ok - you know, shipments of supplies.

[edit: Knights begins with a K not N Confusedlap: ]

Anyway - here:
Thanks for the update. Smile

I am in Germany right now because I have to go to Frankfurt (Monday) and have no Oblivion.

I'll reply Tuesday.
I hope you had fun. Anyways, check this esp, not the one above. In this one I locked the chest in the Quartermaster's warehouse. Also I think I am about finished with the Quartermaster's chambers. Seems he is quite the painter when he isn't busy handing out implements of slaughter and general destruction Wink I also adjusted the pathing grid in the chambers to accommodate the new room layout.
Nice work. Smile

Perhaps you could add more detailing to the South tower (bedroom, shop).

If you have multiple objects (same type) as in the warehouse, try to change the rotation slightly (it looks more natural).
LOL Yeah, I was gonna do more in the south tower. I had only completed the north tower and the warehouse. You know, when I started I didn't know our quartermaster here was a painter. Amazing what you find out about the people you create...

Anyways, I purposely left the warehouse exceedingly organized, I saw it as a piece of an army-type unit, everything structured and orderly. Though if you want a bit of extra rotation I can accommodate that. If it helps to understand my approach, I view the guard garrisons in each city/town as something akin to the US National Guard - each individual of the other, but part of a larger whole. Not every guard was from the town they guarded, some might be transfered in (like the cook). It helps to cover the fact that i don't know very much lore from before Oblivion. My bro played the hell out of Morrowind so I know a good bit about it, but I never played it. Might have to do that... hmm...

BTW, what is your GMT offset (and therefore the boards GMT offset)? I never did know. I'm in Eastern US so my day is a bit off yours, I just have no clue how much.

Thanks

[Edit: I just looked it up - your GMT +1 right? ]

[Edit: I just looked it up - your GMT +1 right? ]
Yep.

I am often on-line between 10 am (GMT +1) and 9 pm.
Well now that I fixed my comp, I'm back I s'pose. Anyways, here is the (nearly) complete mod. I haven't done any dialogue for the quartermaster yet. I still have a few parts to write for that, but his AI is in place.

There are a couple of problems though:

1. The town smith's door is locked and needs a key - breaks the AI package that sends the quartermaster to the smith on Tuesdays and Fridays. Why it's locked I have NO clue.

2. I had to add some subspaces to the exterior so that the NPC's would walk across the upper walls properly.

3. There is a problem with the arrows on the quartermaster's counter. If I pick them up, equip them and then unequip them, I get 4 more added. Repeat as many times as you like for an infinite amount of arrows. Weight doesn't show until you close your inventory, but upon reopening the weight is figured in. Now if you equip a bow and shoot one off and check your inventory there are 2 stacks, one with 4 less than the other. Each shot from this point on deducts one arrow from each stack. I dunno what happens when I get down to 3 arrows, meaning there SHOULD be one stack again. That and one stack is marked stolen and one is not. I had a bit of the same problem with the stuff in the store room IIRC. I even changed specific ownership on the arrows, no difference.

4. I noticed some visual anomalies with the Steadhelm cuirass. I followed the quartermaster back from the town smith (having unlocked the door with the console) at which point he goes to dinner. Okie-dokie so far. When I entered the Officer's Mess behind him, his cuirass was ghostly. It looked just like his chest area had been transformed into a ghost (think the watcher guy down in the Niben). I left the zone, typed in pcb, and went back and it was almost normal again.

Uhh... what else was there....

5. I dunno if this is intentional, but the guards don't do squat. I have gotten stuck in a loop when I smacked someone and the guards came running. The force me into a conversation with something like "How can I help you?" over and over cause they can't arrest me and my wanted level is up. Kind of annoying if you ask me.

I think that is about it for problems and the such-like. As for the sparseness of the cooks bedroom, I figured it to be a rather utilitarian room since they are in it only 6 hours a day and that is for sleep (read I can't think of anything to fit in it to decorate it). Also, I am going to lock the display case, but I am too lazy to fire up the CS for that one thing atm, though it is kind of fun to watch the CS leak memory like a sieve, 300 megs in less than 5 mins.

I would like to keep the warehouse as neat and orderly as it is, a personal quirk if you will, since I never did get a definite "Change it" from you last time.

Last thing - is there a painting animation for the quartermaster in the morning (5am - 7am)?

Anyways, here you go -
Pages: 1 2