Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Vort Ancestral Tomb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Vort Ancestral Tomb. It contains the remains of the Vort family, an early Imperial / Dunmer family that settled the region many years ago. Some say that it was cursed by an Ashlander Wise Woman because of the interracial marriages in the family.

(Only door links need to be added, interior and exterior)

Ben
Now that was fast, old friend. :goodjob:

I'll have a look at it later (read: tomorrow ... I just got back from the rehearsal).

Greetings

Quentin
I find it odd that there's a Vort ancestral tomb right next to where the Telvanni councillor of the same name is supposed to live. He's an ambassador of sorts from Telvanni, right? Why would he have buried ancestors there, on 'foreign soil' ? I dunno, it just feels off... what do you guys think?

Anyone heard anything from unzippedpalace btw? If we don't get an interior for the Telvanni pod - can't we just... *zap!* delete it, and keep the tomb name intact? I don't believe the Telvanni pod it's referenced anywhere in the existing mod, but I could be wrong.
Either zap it (if no interior is coming)

or

have the Telvanni resident be a "renegade" wizard of Dunmer descent who is despised by other Telvanni because of his/her Imperial "tolerance".

Ben
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
Either zap it (if no interior is coming)

or

have the Telvanni resident be a "renegade" wizard of Dunmer descent who is despised by other Telvanni because of his/her Imperial "tolerance".

Ben

But if we went with the latter, how come the Telvanni sent him to Silgrad to represent their House? Smile Just kidding, I think nixing the Telvanni pod altogether would probably be the best idea if we don't get an interior before the final deadline Quentin set.
Zapping it is certainly the easiest solution.

Although we might need to locate a proper abode for a displaced Telvanni councilor/ambassador. Of course, given how much the Telvanni councilors like each other, forcing one that they dislike to live away from a pod might be amusing...

Ben
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
Zapping it is certainly the easiest solution.

Although we might need to locate a proper abode for a displaced Telvanni councilor/ambassador. Of course, given how much the Telvanni councilors like each other, forcing one that they dislike to live away from a pod might be amusing...

Ben

No I meant to suggest "removing" him as well (he's not even in the plugin btw), and just rid ourselves of that headache... with the option of modding him properly in OST. I get the sense no-one has really cared about him. It's just an idea though, if he's added and gets a modded home that'd be great, I just don't see the odds of that happening being too good. Time will tell, I guess.
Since there is still a week left, I'll wait for any delivery that might come.

Shouldn't there be an interior for the next release, I'll cut it out and store the pod as a separate plugin. This way it can be easily re-added when the interior comes.

About the name ... could it be that an ancient ancestor of the Telvanni ambassador has been expelled from Telvanni land and - after a lot of perilous travels - finally landed in Silgrad Tower. He obscured his origins, became a respected member of the community and when he died got buried in his tomb.

Somehow our Telvanni learned about this and volunteered for the post of the ambassador to investigate this further. He might want to destroy all evidences for a connection since could be bad for his reputation that he has a renegade in his family line.

Is that something to work with?

Greetings

Quentin
Quentin: That sounds like an interesting and very plausible explanation :goodjob: It would need to be worked into the plugin though, and communicated to the player... hmm... perhaps in the form of a book, on display in the Telvanni pod.