Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Religon and Humans- seems offbase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First off, I'm not trying to insult anyone. There was obviously a lot of time spent on lore and it was definitely descriptive and creative, but as someone very well acquainted with TES lore (especially Akavir) It seems that lore you guys have come up with is not consist with suspected lore (how most fans interpret things) though it is mostly consistent with official lore (though there is very little official lore).

First off, after looking at the wiki, I read the religion page. The page depicts a very complex and oriental inspired religion; however it shares almost zero aspects with Tamriel religion. In the real world that is the case, Europe and the Middle East (Tamriel) to share very few religious aspects with Asian religion. There is though a key difference between religion here and on Nirn. On Earth, our origins and any divine beings are a mystery to us, and since we don't truly know anything many cultures come up with their own different explanations. On Nirn however, the origin of Mortals is well-known and a fact and the gods are real, they speak to and even show themselves to mortals all the time. As such, no matter were you are on Nirn religion will be basically the same the only differences being names, symbolism (to explain lofty concepts) and god-heroes/demi-gods. As such, I first envisioned the religions of the different Akaviri regions each having a cosmetically separate (different names) but essentially the same. I think the dragon the was on the right track though. Dragons seemed to have been the Hist of Akavir, a species with more of a connection with the divine and demi-gods in their own right. That being said, Daedra should also be depicted, after all though too are real and they could easily be worshiped in some places of Akavir.

A good read is the snake-men creation myth. It is not cannon, but most fans except it as cannon and the guy who wrote it (mk) wrote MA and most of the books in TES, though not anymore.

Another thing is the depiction of the men of Akavir. It seems that Knifeblossom is not part of the Tsaesci nation, but fan excepted lore would dictate it should, as the humans are either slaves or equals (though I feel they are not either but actually second-class citizens) and thus any rebellious group should still be located in the Tsaesci nation. A good read is This post
About the religion, i agree with you, i always thought it would be nice to inlude deadra in Akaviri religion.
The lore you have been reading was just one guy's vision and personal project, we might use some of it, and if we do use some of it, we will have to make some changes here and there to make it fit with Nirn's religous lore Smile
I like MK's creation myth.

The humans in Akavir are two groups, the Tsaesci slaves, and some people who have escaped the Tsaesci in the past (they were never slaves at all).
Humans are like a nasty virus, you just can't get rid of it Big Grin
Bethesda contradicted itself with the Akaviri humans in Oblivion, and that's all we needed as an excuse to fit them in however we liked (it was not my decision, the old mod leaders wanted it this way, but i like it).
I expect some people to disagree here and there with the way we do things, and that's fine, we can't please everyone Wink

I heard Bethesda tried to explain the Akaviri humans in Oblivion by saying they were saved by Tosh Raka, and the Tosh Raka just handed them over to his most hated enemies... yeah right! :lmao:
Ofcourse, our explaination for humans in Tsaesci is much better, they were used as slaves and food (blood).

EDIT: You said you know the lore well, the person who wrote the lore for our mod has been gone for a very long time, if you want to, you can take his place as lore master, let me know how you feel about that :check:
Quote:Originally posted by Kodama

EDIT: You said you know the lore well, the person who wrote the lore for our mod has been gone for a very long time, if you want to, you can take his place as lore master, let me know how you feel about that :check:

We really could use the help and new creative energy.
The akavir definitely know about the the deadra. Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, and Sheogorath are often associated with the Akaviri Invasions.
Quote:Originally posted by Corthian
The akavir definitely know about the the deadra. Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, and Sheogorath are often associated with the Akaviri Invasions.

Defeinitly.

I think it would also be cool that on Akavir, the deadra's images (statues) looked different then on Tameriel. It shouldn't be a priority, but if someone gets bored, making new images for the deadra would be cool.
That would be a lot of work! :pop:
lol, it'd be strange though...Eastern snake people worshiping the Western daedras.
I guess even the world of Tamriel/Akavir has its Jesusit missionaries. lol
Why? They're more powerfull then the SnakeVampires Tongue Maybe Molag Bal manifests himself as a snake for them?

Oh you editted it Tongue It's no weird, as stated above unlike on Earth on Nirn the gods are real. Why wouldn't you worship a deity that helped you invade the continent of you enemies? Even if your campaigns failed.
Quote:Originally posted by Intranetusa
lol, it'd be strange though...Eastern snake people worshiping the Western daedras.
I guess even the world of Tamriel/Akavir has its Jesusit missionaries. lol

Actually, we do have plans for a small monastary/outpost of monks who got left behind from the attempt to invade Akavir. And we believe there is some communication between that outpost and the main temple.

Completion of that is not at the top of our list however.
Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
Why? They're more powerfull then the SnakeVampires Tongue Maybe Molag Bal manifests himself as a snake for them?

Oh you editted it Tongue It's no weird, as stated above unlike on Earth on Nirn the gods are real. Why wouldn't you worship a deity that helped you invade the continent of you enemies? Even if your campaigns failed.

Whoever said the God(s) on earth werent real? That is not a discussion to delve into though just stating my opinion.

Anyway I do agree about the Daedra and think it would be awesome to redesign some of them. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2