Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Thinking about joining up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Howdy!

I'm not sure if any of you fine folks over here at BC would remember me from my work on the (somewhat) ill-fated Imperial City Reborn mod as an Architectual Modeller.

Anywho, I've just recently aquired a vast amount of free-time on my hands and have wanted to get back into modelling/modding but since ICR has pretty much died several times over (partially caused by SEVERAL faulty external harddrives that TheDCProject owned) I was thinking about possibly starting up with one of your communities many awesome looking projects.

I have experience with 3DSMax, a teeny smidgeon of Zbrush (a little too fickle for my tastes), and I'm currently trying to invest in a copy of Mudbox.

Hopefully you all won't fight too violently over me :lol: and I'll get to be a contributing member to this community.

Here's a few examples of what I worked on over at ICR:
pic 1
pic 2
pic 3

Let me know what you think of the pics.

Peace and Chicken Grease,
The modder formerly known as Drew
Well, if you stop by the elsweyr forums and read up on our plans for the mod and its feel, I'd love to see what inspiration you find, maybe model some unique and beautiful architecture :-) If you need to you can write a description of what's in your head and wait for one of our talented concept artists to create some reference material for you. Hope to see you over there some time :-D
I'll be sure to stop over. Since I'm actually on a friend's computer right now and have no immediate access to any of my resources, I think I'll use this as an opportunity to get the ol' creative juices a flowin'.
Well firsts first WELCOME to BEYOND CYRODIL, I am OBmon the self-proclaimed pineapple man. I look forward to your work and also have a pineapple courtesy of Ganondorf the Dancing Pill.

[Image: p1648707.png]
Looking forward to it :-)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
haha, thanks for the pineapple OBMon
drucifer, if your valuable services are not already obligated, you coming over to the Black Marsh forums would be greatly appreciated. Here's some Argonian Architecture concepts you might be interested in looking at. I'd really appreciate it if you even considered them. I'm sure it's no tough job considering what you have made for your ill-fated previous mod. Good luck in your endeavors.
It's sad the Imperial City Reborn mod died, i liked it a lot.
But, it's nice to know you want to be a part of the BC community, welcome Drucifer.
It would be awesome if you could help all of the BC mods, because we could really use all the help we can get.
I am the leader of the Akavir mod, we need two types of architecture, the Tang Mo tree houses (monkey people yay!), and some simple huts and houses for the Ka Po Tun Tiger people.
We don't have any fancy concept art because we don't have a concept artist Sad
But that means you can make it look the way you want to (it has to be sort of Asian architecture).
I really hope you can help us, because right now we got a lot of homeless Monkey and cat people, think of their poor children... they need your houses (heh, heh... a good old sob story never fails) Big Grin
There's always the small, pathetic Silgrad Tower that would welcome you...

Man these guys are fast. Just about every BC mod just asked you to come join them. Unfortunately, Silgrad Tower doesn't have much left in the way of architecture, but if anything interests you, don't hesitate to claim it! (actually some of the dock concepts are pretty darn cool)

There's always the velothi set to expand, as well as mudcave, but i'm not sure if that's your preference.

Well have fun, if you like doing work, there's plenty to be done over at Beyond Cyrodiil.
ha, I kind of anticipated all the responses (which is good since it gives me something to occupy my time with).

Since I'm going to be picking up Mudbox I'm going to spend a little bit of time getting familiar with it, which shouldn't take more than a few days since most people who have used it say that there is practically no learning curve.

The only real questions I have is concerning how these buildings are to be made, judging from KKA's concepts it's going to be individual buildings like OB's? Also, would some of them end up being a tile set like Shewter is working on?
Pages: 1 2 3