Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Chitin Scimitar - New Texture [21/05/07]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,
I have a single picture of the newest incarnation of my Chitin Scimitar, textured brilliantly by Vinniemc.

Right now all I have is the render, but will get some in-game shots for you all next chance I get.

[Image: render1ai2.jpg]

Vinniemc has done a great job so far with this, all feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
Paho
I like the blade very much, but it seems to have an odd vibe to it, something seems out of place. The texture on the blade right after the hilt has an ubrupt change that also looks out of place.
nice... the only thing I feel is that it looks too marble and stony... this is chitin... smooth and sharp but it is also bug shells... I hope that this is fixed to make it look more segmented and insect like. Pretend it IS an insect.

or at least I hope Vinnie MC is willing to fix u the texture...
don't get me wrong I like it but it could be better, thanks :goodjob:
what KuKulzA said... it's layered insect shells, glued together. All nice and segmented-like, with some random spikes as well. Look at the chitin longsword, shortsword, ect for examples of how to make it more insectoid
Vinnie has said that he is still happy to make changes to the texture, I'll forward your ideas on to him and see what more he can come up with.

Ill try get some ingame shots first though.
The model takes light very well and looks much brighter ingame than it does there.