Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: The Art of Assasination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[1ST]T[/1ST]he Art of Assasination
A Sanguine Masterpiece

Assasinations are viewed in the public eye as merely sneaking up and killing someone. Like it is just some common form of murder. Like it's just as easy as walking right up to someone and bashing them in the skull. But, it's not any of those. Assasinations are a form of Art.

Every assasin is unique. They all have their own goals, their own tastes, their own reason for being. Each assasin also has a style. A style which describes how they kill, how they work, what they do.

The first major defining feature in every style is the tool. The weapon they use to perfect their art. It is all inclusive, any tool will suit fine based on the artist who holds it. Any brush can paint. Any weapon can slay. Some assasins prefer to creep, and with one slice, they slit the throat of their mark. Some assasins prefer to never be seen, keeping back in the shadows as the twang of the string sings like a harp and the rushing arrow whistles through the air like a flute as it shoots with sharp precision. Some enhance their tools, whether magic or poision or sharpness, to better suit the task at hand. Either way, a tool is a tool, and no assasin, king, god, or anyone can change that.

The second feature of the art is the approach. No matter how great the tool, it is worthless in the hands of a poor assasin. The art holds no room for mistakes. As a painter can ruin the greatest masterpiece with one stroke, so can the assasin ruin their art with one wrong move. One creak, one slip, one noise can ruin the artwork. The Assasin must be perfect, and only through experience can he better himself.

The third feature is the stroke. Assasins only paint in one color on their own. Red. Any blade can paint that color, that sanguine ink that flows on canvas like wine. But one color can not make art, only a color. The second color is unique, and can only be found when you look for it, and is given to the assasin when he finds it, and it chooses the art to be made. Black. Any assasin can create red, but the black can only be discovered by skilled assasins. When the black is given to the assasin, the red can then be painted. Every assasin has their own stroke, and through that stroke can they truly be called unique.

The last feature is the mess, the obstacle which hinders the art. The Assasin must only use what he needs, and must work quickly. This step separates the assasin from the common thug. Every assasin makes a mistake, a smear on their art. The very stroke of a brush is the mistake all assasins make, but with no mistakes there can be no art, and there stands a blank canvas. When the assasin kills, they must ensure to kill no one else, touch nothing else or do anything else besides leave. Each mark will be a stroke, and there will be more marks. A masterpiece cannot be created in a day in the life of the assasin. The more mistakes you leave behind, the more commoners can tell out the assasin from every other.

Every masterpiece depends on four steps. Every slash, shot, or swing puts one more line on the masterpiece. The more lines, the more beautiful it looks, and the artist grows with that beauty. In time, your own masterpiece may grow. But remember, all assasins. There are many other artists out there, all with their own reasons and goals.

Make sure you won't be the ink.

_____[/HR]

I don't write many stories, but I think this one came out somewhat good. Comments/Criticism/Anything, feel free to say so.
That's really good IMO.
The main goal of the whole thing was to go over the steps of an assasination while comparing it to Painting, Music, Dance, and, well, arts.
Hmm, that's pretty good. If you can get into the game in book form, i'd be happy to add it to the Morag Tong library.
Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Hmm, that's pretty good. If you can get into the game in book form, i'd be happy to add it to the Morag Tong library.

It is quite good, make it into a book and use it :yes:

That's actually one of the reasons why I wrote it. I've always been a fan of the MT Big Grin
I like it! :goodjob:

did you hear that, KuKulzA likes it!

Oh my Akatosh!

I know, its crazy!

:banana: :bananarock:
*GASP* KuKulzA likes it!

That means that you have the blessing of every single other writer for Silgrad, Black Marsh, and Vvardenfell Big Grin
*GASP* KuKulzA likes it!

That means that you have the blessing of every single other writer for Silgrad, Black Marsh, and Vvardenfell Big Grin
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Quote:Originally posted by Sever the Prophecy
[1ST]T[/1ST]he Art of Assasination
A Sanguine Masterpiece...
Every assasin makes a mistake, a smear on their art. The very stroke of a brush is the mistake all assasins make, but with no mistakes there can be no art, and there stands a blank canvas. When the assasin kills, they must ensure to kill no one else, touch nothing else or do anything else besides leave. Each mark will be a stroke, and there will be more marks. A masterpiece cannot be created in a day in the life of the assasin. The more mistakes you leave behind, the more commoners can tell out the assasin from every other.

Every masterpiece depends on four steps. Every slash, shot, or swing puts one more line on the masterpiece. The more lines, the more beautiful it looks, and the artist grows with that beauty. In time, your own masterpiece may grow. But remember, all assasins. There are many other artists out there, all with their own reasons and goals.

Make sure you won't be the ink.

_____[/HR]

I don't write many stories, but I think this one came out somewhat good. Comments/Criticism/Anything, feel free to say so.

In the last two paragraphs, there is a large descreprancy. It seems rushed. If this is truly an assassin that is writing this, then he wouldn't hesitate on telling you the intricate details.

And not to be distressing, but it feels like he could say right after the last sentence:

"And now back to playing Warcraft for another twelve consecutive hours."
Pages: 1 2