Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Developing languages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey uh... far fetched you may call it...

but has anyone thought of developing languages from and in the game?

It would add so much to the enviorment...
there'll be a limited amount of Ashlander Dunmeric spoken...
maybe we can have some NPCs speak only in Dunmeric but of course the dialogue is in english or whatever

but in Black Marsh... most Argonians in the interior don't speak Cyrodiilic at all, except for some tribes... some don't even know of the Empire. So the Argonian language will be greatly expanded and created for Black Marsh mod
I offer to write in any language that is provided... or constructed
write in other lingos? I kinda meant they'd speak another language and then the dialogue text be in english.... but ok, we can make characters and letters... thing is Ashlanders don't write, and Argonians don't write...

and there's already the Daedric Alphabet for the House Dunmer
I've "developed" the Ayleid language, but it is all lore correct.
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
yeah true

I have a feelin' cruxvader is aiming at Morrowind and Black Marsh, but we're all very open.

The only place I'd have Ayleidic in Black Marsh is maybe an Ayleid ghost talking about how he/she was the last of his/her kind in Black Marsh and got killed by the Knahaten Flu... :yes:
Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
Quote:Originally posted by The Old Ye Bard
yeah true

I have a feelin' cruxvader is aiming at Morrowind and Black Marsh, but we're all very open.

The only place I'd have Ayleidic in Black Marsh is maybe an Ayleid ghost talking about how he/she was the last of his/her kind in Black Marsh and got killed by the Knahaten Flu... :yes:

If you'd like it could get the Dialogue written up for that if you wanted, just PM me the specifics :yes:
no problem, its not high priority but better get something done than nothing... still thinking if it is part of a quest or stand alone, we'll see
Take heed; developing a new language is no light endeavor. It requires weeks upon weeks of planning, then creating the language. The words, the structure, the grammar, dialects, all the other good stuff, and then the hardest part, testing & checking, to make sure that

1) It all works, alone, and all together

&

2) You didn't have any repetition or redundancy, or any holes where a part is missing.

We've been developing Dunmeri for around two years, and still only have fragments and pieces. Even less for Yoku which was started over a year ago.
I know what you mean Haplo....
thats one reason i admire Tolkien so much Wink
Pages: 1 2