Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Stupid Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

daemeon

Sorry if i'm a little pissed but i just finished half an hour of trying to post a message when my comp crashed from this stupid problem i'm going to explain.

Hello,

I'm new to this, about a day and i'm already having trouble. in my main file i have beaten Morrowind and the expansions. I was looking for a new challenge and found this site so I downloaded the plugin. it works, but some of the meshs are uttely f-ed up which is my beef. In mid game, these folowing messages came up...there's a lot by the way:

Model Load Error: Meshes\Q\Q_estellaDE.NIF cannot load file in Meshes\Q\Q_estellaDE.NIF.
Will use the default object Marker_Error.NIF.

This is the same for these meshes:

Meshes\Q\amber.NIF
Meshes\FP\FP_WE_PT_bd_tiara.nif
Meshes\bb\bb_skinf_we.nif
Meshes\KO\RK\KO_Gown_PinkRose.nif
Meshes\children\child_DE.nif
Meshes\FP\FP_BG_WE_f_Hair_5nk_DE.nif
Meshes\Q\natelie.NIF
Meshes\FP\FP_WE_long_bld.nif
Meshes\KO\RK\KO_Gown_redfloral.nif
Meshes\BH\BH_FP_DE_f_hair_06k.NIF
Meshes\Emma\1em_B_N_WElf_M_Head01b.NIF
Meshes\_TR\2\Hair_WoodE_F_02y.nif
Meshes\bb\bb_skinm_we.nif
Meshes\KP\c\_KP_C_M_Shirt_imp_01.nif
Meshes\c\_mn_legopant_G.nif
Meshes\KP\c\_KP_W_Shirt_imp_01.nif
Meshes\KP\c\_KP_FA_Shirt_imp_01.nif
Meshes\KP\c\_KP_UA_Shirt_imp_01.nif
Meshes\KO\KOranger_boots.nif
Meshes\c\_mn_legopant_A.nif
Meshes\c\_mn_legopant_K.nif
Meshes\c\_mn_legopant_UL.nif
Meshes\sltw_rw\Fp7\brm_head_01.NIF
Meshes\HW\A_DarkGlass_Hood.NIF
Meshes\HW\A_DarkGlass_Garb.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_ShirtCom_3c_C.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscom_3c_G.nif
Meshes\c\c_glove_thieves.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_ShirtCom_3c_W.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_ShirtCom_3c_FA.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_ShirtCom_3c_UA.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscom_3c_A.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscom_3c_K.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscom_3c_UL.nif
Meshes\sltw_rw\Fp7\brf_head_PS.NIF
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_ShirtComF_3c_C.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscomm_4b_G.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_ShirtComF_3c_UA.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscomm_4b_A.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscomm_4b_K.nif
Meshes\c\_ig_tg_Pantscomm_4b_UL.nif
Meshes\sltw_rw\Fp7\brm_head_BC.NIF
Meshes\BG\BG_b_n_Bret_M_Hair01y.NIF
Meshes\backpack\backpack.NIF
Meshes\bb\bb_skinm_br.nif
Meshes\GB\c\GB_Guar_m_shorts.NIF
Meshes\vest\d_vest.NIF
Meshes\GB\c\GB_Kwama_sandals.NIF

In Ebbedin i encounterd a huge friuty looking, walking, yellow caution sign with a large, black exclaimation mark in the center. This both confuses and angers me!

Please, if someone can enlighten me about this and how to fix it, I?ll be very grateful. Also, The pirate thingy at in Gnarr Mok didn?t play out as it?s supposed to. I downloaded the plug-in from the link in the ?Pirate? message board submitted by No-Ryuko. I would include a screenshot of the problems but I don?t know how to enable that on my game. It tells me to add activate screen shot or something in the General area of the Morrowind.INI file. I have no idea what that is. So pretty much to sum this up, I need help. Please and Thanks.

P.S. If i made any spelling mistakes, i'm sorry but i don't really give a crap right now. it's 2 am and i'm tired. goodnight
Sorry to hear you're having problems...

We know our models are monkeied up right now, and people are fixing that...

As for the pirate thing, someone else had a similar problem earlier. I'll see if I can dig up the advice that was given...

EDIT: Darn I can't read tonite.

To turn on screenshots,

Step 1: Open your Morrowind folder,
Step 2: Scroll down and find a text file named "Morrowind",
Step 3: Scroll down in the text file until you see an entry, "Screen Shot Enable=0", and change the 0 to a 1. Have fun taking shots!

Now that I'm done doing that...

I have no idea what the problem is with the pirates. Razorwing might explain.
daemeon: Whenever you see yellow exclamation points in the game, or when the game complains about missing files, in 99% of the cases that's due to the mod not being installed properly.

royalblue[/hr]

EITHER

1A. Download the full "Release 4" from the download page on silgrad.com.
1B. Download the "1-4_3" internal release from the forum, install it on top of the full release, throw away the .esp file from "Release 4" and play with the .esp from "1-4_3".

OR

2. Download the release from the Summit, which is a combo of "Release 4" and internal release "1-4_3".

royalblue[/hr]

Going by the list of missing meshes you posted it seems to me you only kept the .esp file from the internal release "1-4_3". You need all the stuff from that 37mb file to make it work.

Good luck, and have fun!

daemeon

Hi again,
With more sleep I feel more patient. I'm grateful for the advice, from both DarkEclipse and Razorwing. I got the screen shots thing going but am still having trouble with some meshes. I took your directions Razorwing, Installed the Release_4 version of Silgrad and then the 1-4_3 internal release and discarded the .esp of Release_4 in exchange for the .esp of 1-4_3 internal release. So far, the only meshes missing are:

Meshes\a\Jer_D_Fur_Cuirass.NIF and Meshes\a\Jer_D_Nordic_pauldron_c.NIF

I am wondering if that is from your plug-in or not since i reinstalled both of the releases about 7 times. *Sigh*. Anyways, everything else is working smooth. I'll play more to see what else is not functioning properly. Once again, thanks for the time you took to invest in my problems and for the advice.

Talk to ya later,

Daemeon

daemeon

Hi Again,
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problems. I followed your steps 1A and 1B Razorwing but it didn't seem to work. I am presently downloaing the patch from Summit. Hopefully it works.
Daemeon
Quote:Originally posted by daemeon
Hi again,
With more sleep I feel more patient. I'm grateful for the advice, from both DarkEclipse and Razorwing. I got the screen shots thing going but am still having trouble with some meshes. I took your directions Razorwing, Installed the Release_4 version of Silgrad and then the 1-4_3 internal release and discarded the .esp of Release_4 in exchange for the .esp of 1-4_3 internal release. So far, the only meshes missing are:

Meshes\a\Jer_D_Fur_Cuirass.NIF and Meshes\a\Jer_D_Nordic_pauldron_c.NIF

I am wondering if that is from your plug-in or not since i reinstalled both of the releases about 7 times. *Sigh*. Anyways, everything else is working smooth. I'll play more to see what else is not functioning properly. Once again, thanks for the time you took to invest in my problems and for the advice.

Talk to ya later,

Daemeon

There's a tut called "The Idiot's Guide to The Summit And FilePlanet". While the title isn't very friendly, it's a good read to learn more about how Morrowind Summit works, in case you're interested.

Strange, no one's reported a problem with those two meshes before. I looked at the version of the Silgrad release I have on my comp, and the two meshes you refer to are there. I've zipped the two NIFs and attached them to this post. Could you try extracting them to "Meshes\a" and see if that fixes the problem on your end? Good luck! =)

daemeon

Hi again,
Well, I tried the Summit version that I downloaded and the same problem came up. However, seeing that you found the missing meshes, I looked for myself and found them as well. This is very confusing for me. I'm thinking that my computer is somehow not compatible with your program. I don't know...I'll keep at it. Thanks for your time.
Daemeon

daemeon

Hiya,
I'm getting my friend to check it out today. his computer is uber so it should work. Maybe I'll figure it out with him. Thanks
Daemeon
Holy crap.