Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Unique Armor for each Province?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering earlier if the armors of each province would stand out from one another. I'm not talking about completely different armors made of different materials (since I know each team is already working on that stuff like netch and bonemold Wink), but instead different styles in armor of the same material like glass. In other words will the Vvardenfell and Silgrad Tower provinces have different looking glass, leather, fur, ect. armor than Skyrim's or Cyrodiil's instead of just using (or replacing all of) the Cyrodiil armors. I'm not sure how much time that would take up with the teams you guys have made up but could it be done slowy over time with just using Cyrodiil's armors as place holders until each set of armor is done. I find it awsome that you would see different styles of armor in each different province since each province has a unique type of people having to use what they have on their land to make the armor's with. I could easily see how a dunmer would like thier armor different than a nord would like his/hers.
While to quite that extent, Elsweyr is creating quite a few local leather variants, and we already have a desert legion armor (with a wonderful half cloak and goggles)
most of what armor there IS in black marsh is unique in its mainly organic materials...
and in Vvardenfell we have Telvanni and Dagoth and other variants and many variants of bonemold and chitin planned since local clans and ashlander tribes all make things themselves, with more different craftsmen there is bound to be variation
Valenwood armor will use lots of leather. Our major plan is this. All light armors will have a little bit of leather except perhaps the monkrobe.

We also got plans to give some guards near Xyloriver Xylo mail, it's a bit more blue and has some other decorative charastics.

Also we'll feature Khajiit armor for an assasinguild. Perhaps also a more normal version if we got the time and people.
Well, im glad to know they won't all be looking the same. I want some variety in what people wear in the different lands.
Corthian has been designing most of the armor and weapons for Akavir. They will also be unique. He has posted pics in his thread in the progress area of our forum. I think it looks fantastic. Keilanai has been designing the clothing, Corthian has helped get the modelling correct. You can see her work in her thread in the progress area of our forum. They are both very good at what they do.
One thought for Akavir, try not to solely use Japanese design, also look at China Wink
We are looking at China, Indonesia, India and a few other areas. At least they have been discussed when talking about armor, weapons and clothing.

Thanks for the feedback Mormacil.
No problem, I just want every BC modto be as good a it can get Smile
We have some Chinese armor, and weapons too.
Man... i have heard this "try not to solely use Japanese design, also look at China" so much, and every time we say the same thing Big Grin
Our biggest problem with models of non-Japanese Asian design, is the architecture, and ships... we need ships, but i have talked to someone about this.
I hope he want's to make us some Asian ships.
Pages: 1 2 3