Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Roweed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
-=Download=-

For a change of pace from all the Redoran stuff I figured I'd model a plant. A screenie is attached below, and the download is available above in case anyone wants to check it out. As usual, both .3ds and fullblown .max scenes are included. Any 3D program worth it's name should be able to import .3ds files.

I'm open to opinions on how it should be used in Silgrad Tower: Oblivion, but my personal opinion is that it could be used as a very commonly occuring weed with little or no useful abillities. At the most it would be two decimeters or so in height, so the player would never really see it up close. As you can see I've been using transparant textures for the leaves; they're really just plain boxes. The textures on the other hand took some work.

It was fun to do Smile
It could be used as an herb of some sort? Or just a weed.
That's a good suggestion, DE. Any ideas on what effects it would have?
It reminds me of a herb, but I can't remember the name ... restoring fatigue would be one of the effects (what is the name of that bloody plant? ), fortify Magicka another ... but how is that herb called? :bash:

Greetings

Quentin
Instead of restore... how about cause sleep? Something a little different - make a sleeping potion/poison to administer to someone....

Ben
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
That's a good suggestion, DE. Any ideas on what effects it would have?

I was thinking something along the lines of a common spice, used in cooking.

But Ben's and Quentin's ideas were good too!
It's modelled after a young parsley plant, so being used as a foodstuff (like an herb) might be the best approach? I intended it to be small and inconspicious, something the player would see on the ground more or less commonly and not really care about. Just as a little ambience thing.
It could also be used in kitchens in the mod, like sitting in a basket or pot? We could also make it an edible ingredient.