Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings folks

Been keeping tabs on the silgrad and black light prodject for about a year now and I wish to congradulate you all on your hard work and dedication.

If you all need a hand doing something or other please let me know am not the fastest worker but definatly get the job done timely but dont tell my wife that she wants me to paint the garage ..
Quote:Originally posted by Danath_in
Greetings folks

Been keeping tabs on the silgrad and black light prodject for about a year now and I wish to congradulate you all on your hard work and dedication.

If you all need a hand doing something or other please let me know am not the fastest worker but definatly get the job done timely but dont tell my wife that she wants me to paint the garage ..

Hi Danath_in, and a warm welcome to Silgrad Tower!

:wave:

Cool to see a lurker casting the shrowd of mystery and revealing himself. Makes me think of an old member we had called Zarkis, who I believe lurked for about a year too and then *bam* joined us and was both up to speed on how the project worked as well as having become a great modder during his secretive year.

What fields of interest do you have right now when it comes to Elder Scrolls? What would you most like to work on? If you'd like to do a bit of Morrowind modding then we still have a couple of open claims, particularly the four Nordic homes that make up Ulfthred village. If you enjoy 3D modelling then there's a lot of stuff to do, which will benefit the mod in the long run as Oblivion is just eight weeks or so away, and then we'll switch focus to modding for that game. But there's a lot of other things that can be done too, so just let us know what you find most interesting and I'm sure we can come up with something Big Grin
Thanks for the warm welcome,

right now my intrests are in modding, am alot better at interrior than exterior work. My wife is also a modder and we work as a team most of the time she is more into the exterior aspect and terrain work.
Its funny you mentioned the nordic village with need to be worked up
we worked about 2 months on our own mod called samhain isles which was a total nordic mod. As far as modlling goes that will definetly be my wifes area as soon as she gets 3dsmax figured out. I would most definatly be interested in the nordic village. I will wonder up there and check it out and see what ideas pop in my head.
Quote:Originally posted by Danath_in
Thanks for the warm welcome,

right now my intrests are in modding, am alot better at interrior than exterior work. My wife is also a modder and we work as a team most of the time she is more into the exterior aspect and terrain work.
Its funny you mentioned the nordic village with need to be worked up
we worked about 2 months on our own mod called samhain isles which was a total nordic mod. As far as modlling goes that will definetly be my wifes area as soon as she gets 3dsmax figured out. I would most definatly be interested in the nordic village. I will wonder up there and check it out and see what ideas pop in my head.

It must be great to be able to share the hobby with your loved one. My gf is only interested in arcade-style puzzle games, but maybe she'll get interested in Oblivion. Regretfully I'm not familiar with Samhain Isles, was it released?

Okidoki looking forward to hearing what you think of the little village, and let me know if you guys have any questions about 3D Studio Max, perhaps I can answer them. I'm not an expert, but I know some. Smile
Welcome :wave:
Samhain isles wasn't released we ran into a few problems and got discusted and left it be for quite some time but since that time we have studied and tinkered and learned how to mod much more efficently and alot smarter about it than we was back then.

With Oblivion coming soon I am starting to hear grumblings from Galrina about doing Samhain to completion.
Danath_in: Aah, I see. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The looming release of Oblivion is a cause both for joy and for stress, at least for me.

I wouldn't hazard to guess which would be better, to finalize Samhain for Morrowind or rebuild it for Oblivion, but my bet is you'd get much more attention and your work would be enjoyed by a wider audience if you went with the Oblivion mod idea. If you do, I would personally be very interested in exploring the possibility of you guys making Samhain a part of the Silgrad Tower project, if that's a possibility you're interested in? =)
now that is a grand idea will let galrina know so she can muddle it over
thanks for the offer big time
I'm very flattered at that offer and I tend to agree with you on redoing Samhain in the Oblivion editor rather than wasting time (so to speak) in the old tesIII editor. After seeing the maps, I would have to rebuild Samhain Isles from the ground up anyway because it simply won't fit where it was originally placed (part of Blacklight would conflict with the northern island). Frankly, after learning a bit more about modelling with 3ds, I'm quite excited about restarting it in IV. I'd be very happy to have SI associated with Silgrad. I like you guys. hehe

One thing I'm seriously considering is building place-able mountain models. I know I'm obsessive about those big rocks but they are "home" to me and it's my small way of recapturing what I saw every day as a child. (Charles - Danath - uses a different term to describe my obsession.. ;\ )

Anyway, I'm extremely excited about Oblivion's upcoming release and I can't wait to get my hands on that new editor. What will we be able to create then??
Galrina: Excellent! Yes, the many worlds created by modders has made for a very cramped Inner Sea. First it was just Vvardenfell, but now it's almost impossible to build anywhere on the world map seen in-game without conflicting with some mod or other.

I hope things will be much less cramped next time around since modders can fan out in all directions from Cyrodiil, and so not that many would venture up into our northeastern realm of Morrowind Province. Apart from our three teams, Silgrad Tower / Velothi Mountains / Blacklight, I only know of one other planned effort that'll take place in our neighbourhood; Fallaran. I'm trying to contact the guy behind that mod so we can cooperate when we're setting up the limits of our exterior borders, so as to avoid conflicts from the start. My email bounced so I PM'd him on ESF instead, but he hasn't been online there during September so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get hold of him. "Sea of Destiny II" is also supposed to take place up here, in the Inner Sea to be precise, but it's being planned as a TC at the moment so there won't be any conflicts at all.

Off the top of my head I can think of three possible locations that you guys might find suitable for Samhain Isles in Oblivion;
1) In the Inner Sea.
2) Situated north of Blacklight (and thus a neighbour island to where Solstheim is supposed to be).
3) in mainland Skyrim; either transformed as normal land, or as an island in an inland sea.

Personally I think the second or third alternative might make the most sense, if your archipelago is intended to be a part of Skyrim's territory. Which of the second or third alternative that's best might depend on what climate you guys want Samhain to have. If it's not arctic then it might be odd to situate it up where Solstheim supposedly lies, I guess, but I would of course not mind if you placed it there anyways. Smile

I feel that passion drives us humans to excel, and if you're passionate about creating mountains and rocks then I'm sure that will drive you to create excellent models. Just like I think the desire to recreate memories from childhood is one of many good ways that can drive us to put a lot of effort into a project. It's often easy to tell the difference between a mod project the creator was passionate about versus one where s/he didn't really care.