Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Animating Doors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a tut on animating a door?

I have done a bow a while ago and i presume its the same style. Two models one perpendicular to the other ?(

Any help would be great,
Tom
Maybe you can replace the shape of a door in Max or something and save it with the door's previous animation, would that work?
Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Maybe you can replace the shape of a door in Max or something and save it with the door's previous animation, would that work?
Dont think its that simple, dont have max anyway. It still think it will be sort of like the bow rigging (not like creatures). Someone must have done it? Does silgrad have animated doors?
I'm pretty sure that the doors exist of a single door mesh which is animated to turn 90 degrees. Might want to extract a few that aren't loaddoors and see how bethsoft set them up.
Quote:Originally posted by Vagrant
I'm pretty sure that the doors exist of a single door mesh which is animated to turn 90 degrees. Might want to extract a few that aren't loaddoors and see how bethsoft set them up.
I have checked. They use Nicontrollers to animate the doors. I tried replacing the mesh in Nifskope but i didn't work (didn't have anyhope in this method anyway. I will try the same way as the bow i did in the next couple of days. Just wanted to see if anyone knew how to definatly do it before i waste time playing around with things.

Tom