Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: which do you prefer MAX or Maya
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
which do you prefer MAX or Maya?

Me I think I prefer max over Maya for a few reasons

Max is less of a system hog
Things are a tad bit easier to find (for me been using it for a few years)
Don't know why just easier to use for me

Not saying Maya sucks are anything it's allot more powerful than max in animation
with the SDK ( Set Driven Key)

other than that never seen anything that it can do that max can't
BLENDER! King of all 3D modelling tools! It does just about everything those other two do but for free! (even animation (look it up on TES:CS wiki if ya don't believe me)

Edd
Maya runs perfectly on my setup, I've had no problems with it yet. xchaosdragon666x, what's your system spec.?
Dell Inspiron 1100

Intel ®
1.99 Ghz
248KB Ram

Just going off "My Computer"

Edit: "BLENDER! King of all 3D modelling tools! It does just about everything those other two do but for free! (even animation (look it up on TES:CS wiki if ya don't believe me)

Edd"

Blender is good but couldn't find and tutorials for it's interface

But if you want free Get GMAX from turbo squid a port of 3ds-max jsut some stuff removed but it's free
Oh, well I run a P4 3.0GHz 1GB Ram, GeForce 7600. :p I don't know the minimum or recommended system specs, they might be in the ReadMe file. Confusedhrug:

Personal taste really, if you've been using Max without a problem for a while, maybe it'll be best for you, especially if Maya doesn't run good. Plus, I imagine it must be awkward changing from one program to another.
"I imagine it must be awkward changing from one program to another."

That's a understatement and a half Smile
ive never used max, but i realy want to try. some aspects of max look like they are easier then those of maya (UV maping for example, but i never got it down in maya either)

btw, blender is an acward, hard to use, un-userfreindly piece of [censored].
I'm sure blender isn't awkward once you get used to it. User-friendliness is hugely overrated, a program needs to be powerful and fast to use (once you've learnt it). Friendliness is irrelevant.

However the only modelling program I can use is wings3D, because it's easy for n00bs like me. :lmao:
thanks for the tip, I'll look into although I've kinda got used to Blender now, it's got a sort of badly organised charm.

Edd
Blender, after getting used to it, is very useful. A neat little function that I heard is unique to Blender is the excrude tool. Big Grin

All programs have their ups and downs, so I'd say it's strictly a matter of preference.
Pages: 1 2 3 4