Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Need Tips 4 Good Textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
im not a very good texturer but i need tips and trix, or helps to atleast make my textures look like oblivion, in other words i want my textures blend in to the other oblivion textures and make em' look good.

i really need help PLZ!!! ;(
For modeling Screw photoshop

Look for ZBrush
way better tool that gives high quality

But you may need to use photoshop to make bump map's Sad

but thats easy go to Image>Color>Desaturate (to turn gray)

Image>Color>Levels (your gonna have to play with this one)
mm-mm ZBrush yeah i know it, but i cant get it, dont u need to pay for that plug-in? But no worries i can still get it hahaha :evil: and if i do get it, is there any tutorials on it? if so can u direct me to it plz?
thanx xchaosdragon666x

I recently made and textured a sword, can this be improved?
http://www.3dlinks.com/links.cfm?categor...goryid=122

That should work even though it covers mainly sub div's in it Sad

but there are some good video tutorials there it will help big time

and for finding zbrush remember thepiratebay.org is your friend Smile

Edit: Zbrush is not a plugin it's a standalone application for painting/Improving a model

Edit2: Here is a good tutorial for texturing a model

http://www.brilliant-creations.com/zbrushtutorial.htm

Your gonna need to download the texture master plugin from zbrush's site

http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/#zbundle

(site doesnt have texture master anymore (guess it's included in 3.0 automaticly)
:jump:

thanx a BUNCH, BIG help!! :dance: :dance:
i'am getting it ASAP!!

Btw u like the model?
I like it can't wait to see it with more realistic textures Smile

Right now no offense looks like a toy
Also the offset filter is very useful for creating tiling textures. (offset then clone out seem) Took me a while to find this out :eek:
I agree with xchaosdragon666x, the model is great, just needs to look a little sharper, although you do make great weapons, as I've seen in the past. What modelling software do you use?

xchaosdragon666x- I'll check out those links later, whichb version of zBrush are you using? I've been using 3, it's great when you want a break from the usual modelling, it's good for character modelling too, which is the only reason I use it.
"xchaosdragon666x- I'll check out those links later, whichb version of zBrush are you using? I've been using 3, it's great when you want a break from the usual modelling, it's good for character modelling too, which is the only reason I use it."

God I can't stand 3 allot slower than 2 and things seem more hidden
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
although you do make great weapons, as I've seen in the past. What modelling software do you use?

I use 3dStudio Max 9, i think this is the best :yes:
and i draw up my own models, scan them, put them in max as a referance, and make object in the shape of the drawing.
Pages: 1 2