Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: TESSource Virus Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Be careful going on TESSource, virus warning, it's probably gonna be like the ESF virus a while ago... :eek: I still remember that one, took out a big hit on my cpu

BSF Thread

Quote:Originally posted by Dark0ne on the BSF
Hi folks,

This is a very quick message to let you know that TESSource has been "hacked" by a script kiddy this evening. Users should be careful to only use browsers like Fire Fox if you want to browse the site tonight. The kiddy has basically injected javascript code into the MySQL database which links to a malicious site on certain files.

This doesn't come at the best of times since I've been moving all my stuff from my uni house to my parents home for the summer today. I'll try and keep folks posted on when things seem to be ok.
Thanks, IAMTHEEMPEROR. I'll make this thread an announcement until the problem is solved. Just as a small warning.

EDIT: The thread is now announced in the Tavern and Common Room.
Just gotta hate it when some idiot hacks a site and gives a virus for no reason.
Thanks for the warning. :goodjob:
yeah, thanks for the warning :goodjob:
Ow... Just downloaded something from tessource. It says it links to a malicous file but I got linked to the right one. Going to do a full system scan anyways. Other people said norton warned them and I have norton, so I should be save... Lets hope so.
Quote:Originally posted by kingevil
Ow... Just downloaded something from tessource. It says it links to a malicous file but I got linked to the right one. Going to do a full system scan anyways.

I hope your computer is ok.
EDIT: Norton is crap, i hate Norton... so much X(
Ok, apparently Dark0ne caught the trojan in the poll sytem, so it should be all clear. Just stay cautious until it is totally proven there's nothing left.
Okay. Smile
oh nooo i downloaded something my anti virus says its malicious i checked then full of malicious pictures X(
Pages: 1 2