Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: How to model armor for Oblivion in 3dmax?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any stuff about it? with more pictures is best
thanks
The path you are on is a cold dark place filled with a lot of rock smashing.

You're gonna have to learn phisquing (sp)
which is no easy task

And you're gonna have to use one of the character model's from the game to make the armor/clothes flow right

If you just got started modeling start with the basics such as weapon's house's something to teach you the basics of modeling like Splines/Subdivision/geometry/Cut And Quick Slice (Aka your main tools)
I saw a very similar thread today over at BSForums:

Posted by Phitt:

Quote:Making a whole new armor from scratch is one of the hardest things to do. You need to model it, rig it, UV map and texture it and bring it in the game via Nifskope. Here is a tutorial on how to make a sword in Blender and bring it in the game. I recommend doing that first to get started. Armor will take a lot more time and knowledge.

This is with a 0$ budget in mind, if you are rich or a student you might consider using other programs than the ones mentioned in the tut. Like Photoshop or 3ds max.

You can also retexture existing armor, which is much easier. Here is a tutorial on how to do it with the freeware prog GIMP.
I want to learn too.I learnde 3Dmax and photoshop with 3D Animation,but I have no experience of Oblivion and another game.
I holp someone can help andyjia1984 and me.

by the way I'm not good at in English.
Thank you everyone. Does anybody know where to find some stuff about it, like books? Big Grin
Andy only book's i can recomend are the 3ds-Max bible's wich cover allot of shortcut's and explain tool's

But other than that watch allot of video tutorials and read them

(For video)
Simplymax.com

(for text)
tutorialized.com

for book's try you local book store ( they will most likly order the book if they dont have it in stock )

Or try amazon.com or froogle.com ( Google's shop index site )
I get it, ok, thank you very much!!!