Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just wanted to let everyone know that I started a new job last monday (the 25th). There I do odds and ends at a large warehouse for a chain of car part dealerships, covering for people whom are on vacation. From filling out orders of various parts from shelves and hauling exhaust pipes on a forklift to boxing up orders at a conveyor belt. Fellow Scandinavians would recognize the chain as Mekonomen. It's a rather fun job, and the pay is decent. I'm guaranteed work until the middle of August, though it could get extended depending on what the company's workforce need is by that time. Or I could get fired tomorrow hehe but I think I'm doing alright so I'm not too worried.

I won't be able to work with Silgrad Tower matters as much as I did before, but I'll put in at least ten hours each weekend and undoubtedly sometimes up to twenty.
Congratz on the job. :goodjob: Sounds like you'll be having a good time ( as far as jobs go Big Grin ).
I hope you won't get fired.
Btw, have you noticed the huge amount of guests?
Check out this thread: What's with all the new guests?
Howdy RW

Thats great news that you are gainfully employed, I am still looking, if I don't find something soon, I will be back to teaching when school starts
Smile

Hope it all goes well for you

Happy your employed
Sad you'll be here less

Enjoy
Bob
good job razer wing
Congratulations and have a good time. Smile
Good luck with your job.
Thanks guys! Well, I didn't get fired... exactly... more 'laid off' due to lack of available work. Turns out the warehouse only needed us from that staffing company for a week, so now I'm home again. But on the upside I get two weeks salary until my contract expires. Since the staffing company is paying me for doing nothing at the moment they're keeping an eye out for more work, but I doubt they'll find any since all companies have filled their vacation temp positions by now. But hey, better to be unemployed and having worked three weeks than being unemployed without those weeks since I got some sweet cash to look forward to at the end of July and August Big Grin

(Kodama: I have, and it's nothing to worry about. Smile I posted the explanation here)
Ok.

I hope you will find work soon.
Sorry to hear that. Sad
Pages: 1 2