Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Geography
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This post here is what I feel to be useful geographical info base on the small amount of established Beth lore on Akavir. I don't know how far everything is an if It can be changed, but I feel totally ignoring the disaster at Ionith (for instance) would cause a very horrible backlash from the lore enthusiasts.
I am aware of the disaster of ionith lore, i have used it to make sure everything makes sense... although we do have a different layout of Akavir then the person from that post on the Imperial lybrary suggests.

It should be noted that the towns of that story will not have names like Ionith and Septimia in our mod because they are the names given to those places by the Imperials when they invaded Tsaesci.
The Tsaesci use their original Akaviri names, the name i gave to Septimia is Nagasaka (long slope), because it is in a valley.
Ionith does not have a proper name yet.
correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't one of those towns and outpost actually established by the Cyrodills, then abbaoned? I'm actully not tos ure, only skimmed that book.

As for the Geography, I belive Kamel and Tang Mo are in the only places they logically can belong, with snake Palace and Po'Tun being switchable from what they are on that map in my opinion.
I can't remember the exact story of Ionith, but it does not matter if one of the towns was founded by the Imperials because the Tsaesci would still give that town a proper Akaviri name Wink
I think "Septimia" was a small coastall village situated in a fertile vally with a river, the Imperials created a large harbor there.
By now the town has grown into a large city.

About where the countries are, i believe Tsaesci has to be North-West because of the the cold weather during the winter and because it's the land closest to Tamriel.
Tang Mo are monkeys, they would have to live in the south because most species of apes and monkeys live in warm climates (it just sounds logical to me that way).
The same goes for the Ka' Po... tigers live in warm climates.
Kamal has to be in the North, no doubt about that Wink
Having said all that, it should be noted that the countries do not look like squares placed in a quad formation, for example: our version of Tsaesci is located in the North-West, but runs to the center of Akavir, and then all the way south.
There is nothing simple about the layout of Akavir, to think of them as squares placed in some way is just not realistic, for all we know, Tsaesci is in the West, Tang Mo East of that, Kamal East of Tang Mo and Ka'Po tun East of Kamal Big Grin (that would be weird, and impossible for us to fit in the heightmap on a large scale).
Ha, I joined these forums so show my article, only to find it's been already been shwon, as well as been circulated around the modding community...ha. thanks mortazo!
Welcome to the forums Brian.
While I'm at it, here is a map I made while working on A First Glimpse of Akavir. Make of it what you will. [Image: akamap2sx0.png]
I always imagined the Tsaesci being in the south-west, the Ka'Po'Tun in the south and east and the Tang Mo in the north-western, and the Kamal ice-demons in the far north. But of course I'm not actually in this mod Tongue so thats just my thoughts Smile Here's a small concept I made earlier for another mod.

[Image: akavirconceptvi1.jpg]
By Coinneach

Now that I see it again though, I think that maybe yours is better Tongue
Welcome to the Akavir forums Coinneach :wave:

We were just discussing how the map should look like in this thead: Heightmap
So you are welcome to join the conversation, you don't have to be a team member to share your vision of how Akavir looks like Smile
The map Brain S created is not our map, we recently scrapped our heightmap so we need to have a new lore correct map.

Btw, you got your east & west confused, the west is on the left side of the map Wink
Your map actually looks very lore correct to me :goodjob: only the small goblin infested islands surrounding Tsaesci are missing.
the disadvantages of english not being my first language are showing Tongue post edited so that east is east and west is west Big Grin lol. And sorry about the lack of goblin islands, I tried to look for as much information as I could on Akavir today to update it, but the Imperial Library seems to be down ?(
Pages: 1 2