Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Daedra of Akavir
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be important to have moderate presence of Daedra worship on Akavir, and possibly heavy in some places. Anyway, the following is a list of were I think the prince's shrines would be best located, and what the princes should appear as on their shrines (If the artists have the patience and time to make new shrine models). I hope to have some some quest synopsis forthcoming. I could also probably create a plugin with all the journal entries,as I do have enough modding knowledge to do that.

Molag Bal- Tsaesci- The Worm Snake (some kind of worm type thing with some reptilian features). I think, if any Daedra would be, he would be their patron due to the Tsaesci sharing his domineering nature. He is a worm, as he is the god of rape, slithery and invasive (I swear there are no sexual references here). He is part snake, as the Tsaesci are the kind of ego mongers that would portray every god they venerate as a snake like them.

Azura-Tsaesci- The twin snake( Portrayed as two snakes of opposite hues intertwined at the tail). Twin, as she is the goddess of Dawn and Dusk, two separate things. She is venerated by the Tsaesci only because Dawnfang/Duskfang, a Tsaesci artifact seems to likely be an artifact of her's. By extension it would seem they worship her.

Peryite-Tsaesci- The dirt snake (shown as a snake rising from the dirt, and partly one with it). As the god of both pestilence and "ordering of the lowest" being shown with the grimy dirt assosiates him with both disease and the dirty slaves. He would likely be the patron of Tsaesci slavers.

Hermaeus Mora- Tsaesci- The serpent of knowledge (portrayed as a snake wrapped around and hourglass). The Tsaesci being a calculating race would probably venerate the god of knowledge and fate.

Boethiah- Ka po'tun- The Dragon of Glory in War (shown as a humanoid dragon clad in armor). The Ka po'tun put battle and glory high up on their list of importance in society and so Boethiah, god of war, would seem like a god patron. Possibly once portrayed as a cat, the Ka po'tun have shown an increased love of Dragons in latter years, and so their gods are now Dragons too. Unlike with the snake-men Deadra worship might not be in the mainstream, but many Ka po'tun would probably still show reverence for him (especially the solders and military), even if it was not an official religion of the empire.

Namira- Ka po'tun- The Pain Dragon (Shown as a Dragon covered in blood and surrounded by sculls) Though feared by the everyday Ka po'tun, the secret Witch's temples of Ka po'tun would show special respect to the queen of darkness and pain. In Akavir, she has taken on a darker overtone the on Tamriel.

Vaermina- Ka po'tun- The Witch Dragon [/B](Shown as a humanoid dragon in tattered shaman-esque robes). Worshiped in Witch's temples as well, she would be more associated with strange rituals and deviation.

Clavicus Vile- Ka po'tun- The Gambler Dragon (A humanoid Dragon is fine clothing). Apparently contact with early po'tun has Vile had him associated with much less menacing actions as in Tamriel. In Akavir, Vile is associated with the liars, cheaters and gamblers and all manor of urchins in the empire. Many have lost their souls to vile in exchange for a little change to their bad luck. vile is more popular with the youth then with older, more superstitious Ka po'tun.

Hircine- Tang Mo- King of Beasts (Portrayed as a Tang Mo covered with bone and animal pelts and his face covered by an animal scull. His body is covered with scars.). A popular god amoung villigers that must hunt and gather to surive. He is associated with their livelihood as well as a figure popular among men, often shown as a figure of masculinity.

Meridia- Tang Mo- Queen of Roots (Shown as a Tang Mo woman covered in vines with her legs rooted into the ground like a tree trunk). Patron of villages that must gather and farm plants to survive. Popular among woman, but strangely never a sign of fertility or birth.
Sheogorath- Tang Mo The Lunatic of storms (shown as a laughing Human dressed in odd clothing). Heavily associated with storms and floods, he is also associated with the mad as well as "lunatic" immigrants and visiters from other lands. His image as a human in myth often perplexes scholars, but does explain his association with outlanders.

Sanguine- Tang Mo-The Lovely Drunkard (shown as a Tang Mo with two bottles in his hands and lady's undergarments thrown at his feet). Associated with Drunks as well as pimps and whores. His name is a very common curse as well as an insult.

Dagon- KnifeBlossom- The Leaper (Shown as he is in Tamriel). Though not worshipped, so humans see him as salvation, the one to bring an end to the snake-men. Most humans fidn the uttering of his name a horrible act and Dagon himself as pure evil (The humans will primarily worship the Aedra).

Nocturnal- anywhere really- The Child of the Void (Her statue is too ruined to make out). It is unknown who built her statue on Akavir (some say the Dragons) but, whatever the case, it is ruined and it seems no one currently Alive on Akavir worships her.

Malacath is not worshiped due to him not being considered a Daedra but most and Jyglalagg is not worshiped due to most no knowing he exists.

I have a very interesting Religious idea for the Kamel that I will exaplain some other day.
I will have to take a look at your post tomorrow, it's time for me to go to bed Wink
Those look like you have spent a fair amount of time and effort thinking through.

I look forward to seeing your ideas on Kamal. At this point we are leaning towards the race not being playable but we do want it incorporated. The landscape is not very life sustaining, so we wouldn't have lots and lots of things to do there.
Mortazo, i like your ideas about the Daedra a lot :goodjob:

I think i want to use it, but i will have to get into Daedra lore a bit more before i decide anything.
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Those look like you have spent a fair amount of time and effort thinking through.

I look forward to seeing your ideas on Kamal. At this point we are leaning towards the race not being playable but we do want it incorporated. The landscape is not very life sustaining, so we wouldn't have lots and lots of things to do there.

Exactly why I didn't want to have any shrines there, the quests would be pretty boring, especially if it is decided to just have all the Kamel "asleep" in blocks of ice as tor educe the amount of time it takes to make the mod.

My idea was since it is sunlight the thaws the Kamel out and gives them the small amount of warmth they get, that they might worship Magnus, the god of magic and sun. Basicly. Magnus was the main architect of Mundus, and was important in its creation. However, as soon as it was created, he fled in disgust, as the place was not as he had expected it, it was "the house of Sithis" and Magnus is extremely Anuic. Thus he, along with many of his followers (also Et'Ada) fled to Aetherius.

My idea is that the Kamel are kind of like children trying to show their love for a neglectful father and want to make Magnus happy. He hates Mundus, so they conquer and destroy with the goal of destroying Mundus entirely since Magnus hates it so much.

This story could easily be told through books, without any quests and such in Kamel.
I'm suprised that'd be worshipping Mehrunes Dagon...

When you say the Akavir men primarily worship the Aedra - aren't the Aedra mostly a western-Tamril type deities?

8 Aedras and 9 divines Lorkhan, Akatosh, etc

http://til.gamingsource.net/nine_divines/
I have no idea about Deadra and Aedra, so you guys go and figure it out ok?
I don't want any mistakes about this.
Quote:Originally posted by Intranetusa
I'm suprised that'd be worshipping Mehrunes Dagon...

When you say the Akavir men primarily worship the Aedra - aren't the Aedra mostly a western-Tamril type deities?

8 Aedras and 9 divines Lorkhan, Akatosh, etc

http://til.gamingsource.net/nine_divines/

What many people don't seem to realize, is that the gods are real. The Aedra are worshiped on Tamriel because they are really the creators of the mortal world. The only difference on Akavir would be name and maybe appearance (for example, the god Z'en is thought to be the Akaviri version of Zenithar brought to Tamriel by Kothringi sailers).

And the Dagon thing woudln't be mainstream worship, I'd be a small minority of Akaviri men getting angry and doing stupid things due to anger.