Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Welding Armor Pieces together in Nifskope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know of any good tutorials on welding armors together in Nifskope (i.e. Orcish Pauldron Mesh on Imperial Cuirass Mesh)? I've been searching around Wikipedia and haven't been able to come up with anything, though I did figure out how to resize and rotate meshes Big Grin
There's a tutorial here:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...pe_Alchemy

Scroll down to the Mesh Switching section. You should be able to figure it out from there. Wink It's actually a very simple process and very useful for a lot of mesh-related stuff. Wink
Thanks for the tut, it looks easy enough Big Grin

Edit: Darn, I can't find the Children->Indices. What happens if I leave the edited on pieces as root nodes?
You have to highlight the root NiNode, then look at the block details. Look at the screenshot. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
What happens if I leave the edited on pieces as root nodes?
The armor won't appear in the CS or in-game.

I haven't worked with NifScope in a long time, but if I remember correctly that tutorial is a little old and in the newer versions of NifScope this children thing worked a bit differently. All I can remember is that you need to increase the Num Children value for every part you add to the original model. After you change the Num Children value just right click Children>Array>Update... at least I think that's how it worked. Tongue

There were a few other small details, but I just can't recall any of them... you'll figure it out.
It worked well enough for me.

This is for mesh switching, we don't need to change the number of children because the number remains the same.
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
This is for mesh switching, we don't need to change the number of children because the number remains the same.
Yeah, that's true. :yes:

The detail I'm forgetting was something about a thing that needed to be done if you change the coordinates or size of any of the meshes... something that insured those changes would be saved. I'm sure it's not that important though. Tongue

I know, I sound like someone with amnesia. Big Grin
Oh man... not only did I switch, but I also added and resized :eek: this could be a lot more complicated than I had initially planned...
Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
Oh man... not only did I switch, but I also added and resized :eek: this could be a lot more complicated than I had initially planned...
I suggest you ask on BSF if you have any problems. There was a thread about it, but it was old and got deleted when ESF became BSF.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. I've tried bashing my head against the wall in order to remember, but I think it had the opposite effect. Big Grin
Was it your intention to add and resize the mesh?
Pages: 1 2