Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Send fodder for next release post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm presently putting together the release post for "Silgrad Tower v2.5" which we'll release shortly. It's an intermediate release in which sandor has solved the disappearing land problem that has plagued countless players. Silgrad Tower v3.0, the 'real' next full version, is slated for a late August release but given the extensiveness of the disappearing land problem we don't want to keep the fix from players for longer than we have to.

Those who know me know that I got my head firmly rooted in the visual development side of the mod, and I don't venture outside that department as much as I perhaps should. That means there's been a lot of other development made on the mod since 2.0 that I just don't know about. Or I might know some about it, but don't know enough to paraphrase the knowledge into meaningful text. It's not that I don't think that development is important, because it is extremely important - just that visual development stuff happens to interest me the most personally. So if I should omit something you modded it's because I didn't know or didn't know enough about it, and not because I didn't think it was worth mentioning.

Ergo, I need fodder from everyone on what to write in the release post that isn't tied to visual development. If you would like yours or someone else's work mentioned please post or PM me a description of it and I'll include it. Any work from interior to quest to location and everything inbetween is valid for a mention (as long as it's in the esm, of course). The more stuff I/we can write about the better! Smile
On my side of things, I'd like there to be something about Ald Nium and Ebbedin. Ebbedin only has a few claims left, I was going to try to finish the exterior work for 3.00. Ald Nium is nearing completion (still), just the very tedious and very long AI and dialogue left.
(There's more in the Three Submissions thread last seen on the EDIT Warehouse board (now), but I don't see much point in including the bit about Oblivion yet since it isn't yet playable)

blackbird has begun work on the physical modding for the Bitter Coast on the northern side of Latrys. I'm sure he'll tell you more. Smile
Morag Tong Guildhall in Soluthis is completely done - 6 NPCs, houses, AI, dialogue, vendors, the lot. I'll be gone for the next week, so if you want more info on it you might want to check it out ingame, or in the CS (Soluthis0112)
TheImperialDragon: They sure are prime topics for the "What's new?" section in the post. Since you've worked intensively on both villages, could I ask you to supply the information about them? I could probably whip something up for Ebbedin but I don't quite know where to start with Ald Nium. Have you worked on either since you posted the "Three Large Submissions" thread? If not I think I'll use the screenshots from your post.

Thanks for the heads-up about your Oblivion plane, I was actually going to shoot a gameplay video of it since I thought the player could access it. I hope it's playable in time for 3.0 though, because it looks wicked cool Smile

Seniosh: Oki, I'll check it out and try to write something about it. Smile

black[/HR]

Edit 19:15 C.E.T.:

This is what I have so far.

[blockquote]-=WHAT'S NEW IN V2.5 ?=-

ยค) There are two new villages in the mod.

The first is Ebbedin, a poor Redoran fishing village situated in our Bitter Coast region. Not too many people live there, and almost all whom do are fishermen always on the brink of starvation. Architecturally the village is a blend between Redoran (think Ald'ruhn) and Dunmer Shack (think the poor part of Seyda Neen) styles. The Dunmer Shack architecture, created by our teammember SACarrow, is not only exclusive to the Silgrad Tower mod but Ebbedin may also be the only example of it in our mod, so the unique visuals alone makes it a given destination for players of our mod. The unique visuals of the village is further strengthened by several cases of retextures of our more common models.
-> To get there quickly, open the console and type coc EbbedinTownExterior01.
Screenshots: #1 #2 #3 #4

The second is Ald Nium, which is Dunmerish meaning Elder Town. It's a small farming village which grows food for the hungry citizens of Soluthis and Reich Parkeep. The idea is that there will be farms surrounding the village later on. Right now, there are a number of farmers and a few farming fields. They harvest Ash Yam, Roweed, Kreshweed, and Scrib Cabbage for edibles. They grow a little bit of corkbulb for making other stuff, like furniture and baskets. The population (thus far) is 23, and the Dunmer population of that 23 is 19. This is a very closed Dunmer village, whose citizens dislike outlanders. The hetman (mayor) is generally a lot more open to outlanders though.
-> To get there quickly, open the console and type coc AldNiumStExterior01.
Screenshots: #1 #2 #3

?) The concept of having the Morag Tong in Silgrad Tower started off in a discussion on March 1st, although the idea didn't start to gain momentum until April 20th when Seniosh agreed to mod their base. Since that time Seniosh has completed the Morag Tong headquarters, which is located in Soluthis some distance west of the Temple. The plan is to have playable quests issued from the headquarters in Silgrad Tower v3.0. For more information on the on-going development of this faction, please visit its forum board.
-> To get there quickly, open the console and type coc Soluthis0112.
Screenshots: armor[/blockquote]
Actually, I was going to type something. How much time would I have, and what is the status of the ESM?
Just curious: are there any good screenshots of the lighthouse? Big Grin

Steve
Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Just curious: are there any good screenshots of the lighthouse? Big Grin

Steve

The lighthouse won't be in Ebbedin, at least not within the city walls. Since Ebbedin is between two large landmasses, the lighthouse probably wouldn't do much good there in terms of guiding boats. The location in TES3 is a much better spot I think. At least if it's there, ship captains will know where Latrys ends. Possibly even on top of a mountain on or near St. Delyn's peak facing out to sea.
Man, I just have to drop in here and say that Ebbedin looks gorgeous!
Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
How much time would I have, and what is the status of the ESM?
I am ready, please check the GIS (internal board).

blue[/HR]

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
-> To get there quickly, open the console and type coc Soluthis0112.

The correct cell name : Soluthis0112lvl1
If the correct preset get merged in this time, there could be a basic version of Deepen moor in 2.5. Very basic, just the outcome of region generation. Sandor, did TID send you the files I send him?
Pages: 1 2 3 4