Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Silgrad Festival of .....?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the new powers of Oblivion's Construction Set, organizing an in-game festival might be something we can pull off. The idea was suggested but rejected for Silgrad Tower: Morrowind, if memory serves me right. So, what are your thoughts and ideas on the subject? Should we hold a festival, and if so: What should it celebrate? How long should it last? What features would you like present?

Personally I would like plenty of lights, and our favourite NPCs dressed in festive clothes. Maybe a parade by the Silgrad Guardians. Those things might be fun Smile
I would like to see a lot of food for everybody. Yes, the lights and guards dressed up. Everybody wearing their best clothes, dancing, and band playing dwemer music...

I also expect the framerate to crawl with activity Big Grin but hope not.
Quote:Originally posted by NoRemorse
I would like to see a lot of food for everybody. Yes, the lights and guards dressed up. Everybody wearing their best clothes, dancing, and band playing dwemer music...

I also expect the framerate to crawl with activity Big Grin but hope not.

Definetely plenty of food Big Grin Mmm... smoked ham... and mmm... hours d'euvres *smack* *smack* makes me hungry just thinking about it! Big Grin

And maybe the ladies would have deep cleavage and those pointy tall hats with bands hanging from the top ladies used to have in the middle ages. That'd be fun.

So my [Image: thumb_up.gif] to everything you said, except dwemer music. The dwemer are considered evil by most Dunmer.
It'd be nice to see some children running around. And I agree, some festive music too.

Maybe it can spread through a fairly large distance that will give the festive feel but not cause it to be overloaded with people in one area.
Perhaps we can create, or get hold of, special outfits that our characters wear during the festival? If we can, that might mean we can have larger crowds during the festivities. Though if the Oblivion video shows live action when it zooms over all those soldiers, having many of them shouldn't pose a problem. It seemed to me the scenes from that video showed more people together than was the case in Morrowind. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Smile)

I'm thinking of making a "roasted scrib-on-a-stick" fast food item that can be sold in a stand Big Grin