Silgrad Tower from the Ashes

Full Version: Mages Guild - Story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

Update 10/10/'07: Totally revamped storyline:

The Arch-Mage of the Morrowind Mages Guild is Amilia Noctis, she is a Cerro Vampire who was ordered by the clanleader to infiltrate the Mages Guild. When she had actually done that, she decided she like the MG more than Cerro and betrayed her bloodline by cutting all ties to her former family.

For years, this action didn't have (much) consequences, Amilia gained respect in the Guild and the few who knew she was a vampire supported her election as Arch-Mage in the Council.

Years later ('now'), the Mages Guild is suffering under disappearances, operatives coming back weeks after they've been reported missing. Amilia suspects her former Master, but dares not take any rash action before it is proven.

In the quest "After death, A new Beginning", you as the player meet Nibarr Faren who has been charged, by Amilia, with finding evidence of Cerro involvement and dealing with it appropriately. Which happens after the player takes care of one of the 'Cerro squads'.

In the quest "No Sunshine for You" the player goes on another mission from Nibarr, this time meeting with an Cerro who obeys Amilia and has information about the Cerro plans with the Mages Guild. However, it appears that the Cerro have figured out who ordered the attack on their missing 'squad', Nibarr Faren, and have turned him. You find the evidence Amilia has been searching for and you deliver it to one of the Master Wizards from the Mages Guild.

During this, you'll have to kill Nibarr Faren. At this stage you know nothing of the alignment of Amilia Noctis, and you've only heard evidence of her being a vampire. In the quest "Blood keeps me Dead" you will be ordered to meet with Amilia Noctis at an isolated spot. She will explain the story to you, how the Cerro clan-leader is after her and the Mages Guild.

Amilia tells you that she has confirmed reports of infiltration of the Mages Guild by the Cerro. She knows that Vanco Valean, the Steadhelm Compound leader, is one of them and that it's likely a few more Mages in Steadhelm compound are working for the Cerro. She askes you to take care of this for her, in return, she will promote you to one of the elite Mages, Master Wizard. Meaning you'll also be the compound leader of Steadhelm.

When you ask around in the Steadhelm compound, you'll find out that Valean's behaviour has changed lately, and that he's been hanging out with a select group of two other highranking Steadhelm Mages. When you confront them, they try to kill you and you defend yourself, killing all three.

When you get back to the rendezvous-point you'll meet Athasor Alayn, a Dunmer male who promotes you, and who you'll meet next mainquest.

After the "Council Matters" quest you get the order to go back to Athasor Alayn ASAP. When you get there he is attacked by two vampires, but he and his bodyguards take care of them. Athasor tells you the Cerro have now declared war, and every compound is under attack. He asks you to go to the Silgrad City Compound and defend it against Cerro attack.

When you get to the Silgrad City Compound it's totally devastated, inside the bodies of the apprentices and wizards litter the floor. In the building there are three Cerro vampires, one of them a 'boss'. On the body of the boss there's a letter in which his leader commands the guy to trash the Silgrad City compound and then get to the Mages Curia to attack.

When you report back to Athasor he promotes you to Eldritch and asks you to report to Amilia in the Mages Curia.

Amilia is in the Council Chamber with the complete Council and a few guards. When you speak to her and give her the letter, the doors swing open and the Cerro leader (Bob, what's his/her name?) comes walking in.

We get a huge big evil showdown dialogue between Amilia and her former master and it results in a big fight between the Council, Amilia, you and the Cerro in the room.

When you kill the Cerro with the help of the rest of the Council, Amilia'll talk to you and promote you to Master Eldritch.

THE END (Sorry, too cliché?)

Old storyline:

Quote:Hey,

Since I noticed the Mages Guild doesn't have an official questside I've been thinking about the story that the Mages Guild Mainquest should tell, here's the result:

Ambilia Noctis is the female Dunmer running the Mages Guild (her name comes from Ambulo (walk) and nox noctis (night)). She is not a common appearance, not many to none have ever had the pleasure of seeing her. She, however, runs a tight ship: the Mages Guild has not run this disciplined in years.

There are rumours though; Mages Guild members are disapearing. Many of them disappear in the line of duty, never to be seen or heard from again. As a novice, you will find that some of your friends disappear.

After investigations, a quest to a vampire-infected cave and the uncovery of a vampire agent in the Mages Guild you will be confronted by Noctis herself.

Noctis is an attrictive vampire of the Aundae clan, meaning she is a powerful intelligent witch. She tells you that, contrary to what you might've come to believe, she is not the one killing Associates. Her clan, Aundae, has come after her because she left the clan in quite a rush after she killed Dhaunayne Aundae's favorite child.

At that moment you'll be somewhere in the middle of the Mainquest, Noctis will openly declare war on the Aundae clan without revealing her identity to the guild. In nighttime guildhalls will be attacked, more members will disappear (and return in the vorm of vamp's), you will be recruited in a witch hunt to uncover more vampire agents, you will witness the massacre of the Morrowind Mages Council when Dhaunayne Aundae in person comes to claim his blood child.

In the Council Chamber, half the Council slaughtered, three vampires, two men one woman, walk into the room. Cutscene, the vamps stop Dhaunayne Aundae and suddenly Noctis puts a spell on Dhaunayne, you and herself.

You are transported to a big room. In front of you is Dhaunayne, behind you is miss Noctis. You fight Dhaunayne, you kill Dhaunayne. Noctis offers you her position as Archmage because she endangered the Guild by not surrendering to Dhaunayne.

Cuthalion
Perhaps we could involve ST's Cerro Vampire clan?
Sure, I chose the Aundae clan because they are wizards and Aundae might be recognised by Morrowind players.... What is the Cerro clan all about actually?
The Cerro Clan is Silgrad exclusive Vampires

The plan was to introduce this clan in TES3 and impliment a quest that would take the player to a point where they could pick up the quest in TES4

They are exclusively redoran by desire
Because of their blood being tainted by Cyrodillic Vampires, they have the ability to maintain their Merish Features

this would fit well with your plan as she and the other vamps would remain Dunmer, making it difficult to distinguish them from normal dunmer

We had done some preliminary work on the development of the quest
which also involved the Silgrad University and the mages guild,
considering the Cerro have also excelled in the Art of Alchemy.

We are still working on this at least for ES3 and some of the interiors are in work, I you want to know more about them read these:

Silgrad University

Cerro Vampires

I think this is a nice quest and worth doing

Enjoy
Bob
Bob, I meant this to be the 'mainquest' of the Mages Guild since I noticed nobody's working on the MG at the moment....

Should I go to work on refining this or do you guys hate it?
No, please continue I like it very much

Is the intent that this quest be spread out through the course of the players membership with the guild, in other words will it start when they reach a particular rank and finish prior to the player obtaining Grandmaster status doing parts of it here and their as other things in the guild are being performed?

Also do you think you want to use the Cerro instead of the Aundea, it would seem to fit the Cerro way and I do not beleive we will be using the Cerro in ES4 for anything elsem the proposed quests as stated in the links will most likely take place in ES3

Thanks Much

Enjoy
Bob
Well, it's a bit like the Fighters Guild mainquest: you get alot of quest, but once in the three quests you get one that is related to the mainquest.

So you'll just do quests unrelated to the mainquest and notice your colleagues are disappearing, then you get the quest of the vampire-infected cave and from that point on, every quest you do is related to the mainquest.

I'll change the Aundae to the Cerro...
Very Good

I will make the necessary changes to the Cerro to the Cerro story in ES3, this should not affect what you are doing at all

So you know and the eventual modder knows the traits of the Cerro are the same as the Cyrodillic Vampires except they are Dunmer (Redoran)

Other than what the Cyrodillic Vampires posses at unique qualites, skills and attributes, the Cerro are masters at Alchemy, Stealth and Illusion.

They remain peaceful to an extent, they require an elixier in order to keep this guise every 3 days otherwise they turn fully into vampiric state and attack like any other vampire. Their should be a 40% chance that this will happen

These factors would need to be scripted

Enjoy
Bob
I just updated it with the latest developements....
I've finished it, I'll update the questline now...
Pages: 1 2